Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 2 q's about 1 bad semester  (Read 706 times)

iknowvito

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Please help me (and youself) get a free iPod!!!
2 q's about 1 bad semester
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:20:47 PM »
The first semester of my junior year I earned a gpa almost 2 whole points below my average. This happenned mainly because I moved into my deteriorating frat house where I had numerous health problems including a month long spell of serious poison ivy right at the beginning of the semester (the doctors said it was the worst case they'd ever seen), and scarlet fever right at the end of the semester before finals. I also took on three chair positions that ate up a bunch of my time. After one semester there I moved out and got back onto the dean's list (not cumulative though).

1. Do you think an addendum would help my cause or merely expose my bad judgement?

2. If I do add an addendum should I include copies of my medical records?
Pass it on - free iPods right here: 
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=14024616

Casper

• Sr. Citizen
  • Casper, the friendly Ghost.
    • View Profile
    • DANY
Re: 2 q's about 1 bad semester
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 11:26:17 PM »
include addendum detailing your health problems and include medical records.  Leave out the frat house business.  Wow.  My entire ugrad experience was bad.   :-\
Drawing dead, serving 25 to life.

DESI

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 01:12:37 AM »
if you want to mention the frat, i would go for it, but i would more concentrate on how you got sucked into the various positions and how after recovering from your illness, you came back to school, reprioritized, and succeeded academically.  wait a second, was this my addendum?  i think so  :D (minus the frat and the scarlet fever - i was an SG junkie)

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2004, 02:49:53 AM »
i am not being sarcastic at all--i pity your poison ivy situation---definately been there-i dont think that most people understand what a distraction it can be!!  i had interrupted sleep for weeks--but unless we infect some admissions people with it, they just wont get it.
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!