Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Transmiting General Application Form Alone? No Attachments?????  (Read 480 times)

Tobias39

• View Profile
    • Email
Transmiting General Application Form Alone? No Attachments?????
« on: October 10, 2004, 11:06:57 PM »
I have a quick question.  I was told that once a law school receives something from an applicant they make a file and date stamp it.  So is it possible to fill out the General Application and transmit it electronically via LSDAS on the web without the Personal Statement, Resume, and additional supplements?  Once I hit transmit for the general application, can I go back and transit the Personal Statement and others later on?  I still need to finish my Personal Statement, but I wanted to get my general applications in first.

Any advice on this?  Can you even do this?  I'm getting the impression that the "Transmit Application" entails the General Application and all electronic attachments. 

Tobias
tbm121@yahoo.com

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Transmiting General Application Form Alone? No Attachments?????
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 03:31:27 AM »
you will need to submit all the attachments at the same time, unless you're going to mail them in with your certification letter (if req'd by the school).  it's not going to make a difference when your file is time-stamped.  they won't review it until it's complete.  so the rolling thing is based on a complete application, including letters of rec.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Transmiting General Application Form Alone? No Attachments?????
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 11:14:29 PM »
Once you transmit the application electronically, everything else has to go by mail.  Northwestern specifically says in their instructions that you don't have to send everything all at once.  Other schools probably have a similar policy.  Just know that sending things in separate batches requires extra time on the admissions office to locate and match up everything in the same file.  Thus, it may take longer to process.