Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS LOR driving me nuts  (Read 1343 times)

muyaha

• View Profile
LSDAS LOR driving me nuts
« on: October 09, 2004, 05:44:44 PM »
I went to a UC and decided to use the career center to file my recommendations with so all of them are on file and I they (UC career center) can just send them whereever I need.  So my question is that I can not find anywhere on the LSDAS LOR part where to send the damn LOR to.  Can someone help????

JKR79

• View Profile
Re: LSDAS LOR driving me nuts
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 05:57:41 PM »
I believe the address is on the LOR form that you download and print out from lsac.org/

A226

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 02:43:26 AM »
I believe the address is on the LOR form that you download and print out from lsac.org/

I'm having problems opening up this form on their website.

muyaha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 07:31:11 PM »
that's my problem too.  I just can't open up the form which now I know is what is driving my nuts.  I emailed the webmaster so I'm hoping I'll get some response back.

TheDecline

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 07:44:44 PM »
I sent mine a couple months ago to-

Law School Admission Council
662 Penn Street
P.O. Box 8508
Newtown, PA 18940-8508

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 08:55:34 PM »
Question of my own... after printing out the LOR form, it looks as if we sign it only if we want to waive our right to view our letters in the future.  Any ideas as to whether it's better to sign or not sign?  Also, if I don't sign, I'm assuming I can just email the PDF file to my recommender for him to fill out, since I live 45 minutes from him?

TheDecline

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 09:18:44 PM »
Sign, sign, for the love of God sign.  This will waive your right to look at it in the future, but your letter will be taken more seriously. 

You can still email everything to him, but I would mail him an addressed stamped envelope to ease his pain along with all the info he needs.   

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 09:49:16 PM »
I guess I'll have to mail the LOR form too, then, b/c I can't email it if I have to sign it.

TheDecline

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2004, 10:48:03 PM »
Yeah, I wasn't even thinking about that.

I had someone write a LOR for me that lives in another state.  I filled out all the info on the form and mailed it along with an addressed envelope, so they could write the letter and  then send it along to LSAC.

I know that it might be painful for a computer whiz like yourself to use snail mail, but you might just have to bite the bullet this time and head to the post office.  ;D

sordomudo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2004, 11:52:44 PM »
Hey, how did this rumor about me being a computer whiz get started? Yeah, I think I'll go the 20th Century route.  Thx for your advice.