Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSAC PDF Preview  (Read 2362 times)

Engilaw

LSAC PDF Preview
« on: October 09, 2004, 11:56:43 AM »
I'm uploading my doc's for my optinal essays, and all my other documents had a working PDF Preview, except one.  Everytime I upload it, when it allows me to preview it, it returns a blank window.  Has this happened to anyone?  Any work arounds?

Engilaw

jennynam

Re: LSAC PDF Preview
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2004, 09:06:45 PM »
This happened to me as well. I called LSAC technical support, and apparently when you have a fair number of documents uploaded (I think I had 4), this happens. When the window pops up with the blank screen, just press F5 and the PDF should pop up.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest calling LSAC Tech Support. They're very helpful.

Zytos

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2004, 02:27:09 PM »
I had the same problem.  All I had to do was update my Adobe Acrobat software to 6.0 and it worked.  I previously had 5.0.

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »
i also have a problem...mine have uploaded but they remain w/ the pdf preview line in gray so i cant preview it.  i've waited quite a while but it hasnt come up yet.

NYC1L2B

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2004, 11:28:19 PM »
i also have a problem...mine have uploaded but they remain w/ the pdf preview line in gray so i cant preview it.  i've waited quite a while but it hasnt come up yet.

this is happening to me now too...and it worked fine last week. I have made no changes to my system in the meantime, so this leads me to believe it is an error on thier side.

jennynam

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2004, 12:12:58 AM »

this is happening to me now too...and it worked fine last week. I have made no changes to my system in the meantime, so this leads me to believe it is an error on thier side.

Have you tried logging out completely and logging back in? That worked for me when I was having problems. Also I make sure to upload the attachment to both the application and to saved documents for future use. I've noticed that sometimes the preview will work for the save doc file but not for the application, so I'll just delete it from the app and add it again from the saved docs. Hope that helps.

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2004, 12:26:08 AM »
i had completely exited--deleted e/t too and then came back in--still didnt work--i'm gonna call tom. i guess

NewInTown

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2004, 08:08:17 PM »
Worked fine yesterday...now its not working again.

anyone else?

amelus

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2004, 10:52:30 PM »
well i had the adobe reader 5 version and it had worked sometimes, but usually not.  when i called the tech ppl at lsac they said uninstall all adobe reader software that i have and then go to adobe.com and install the new 6 version.  i did it, no problems since.

NewInTown

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2004, 10:57:23 PM »
well i had the adobe reader 5 version and it had worked sometimes, but usually not.  when i called the tech ppl at lsac they said uninstall all adobe reader software that i have and then go to adobe.com and install the new 6 version.  i did it, no problems since.

Im already using 6  =[