Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Admission Index Information Sheet  (Read 1128 times)

Natasha

• View Profile
Admission Index Information Sheet
« on: October 08, 2004, 03:21:22 PM »
On LSAC, they have this admissions index, which takes your lsat score and gpa and multiplies them by some factor and adds a constant. Does anyone know how law schools read this index number? Or why my school isn't listed?

DESI

Re: Admission Index Information Sheet
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »
some schools won't reveal their index to LSAC which is why it isn't listed.  they don't want people to know that they're a GPA whore or a LSAT whore

lexylit

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 03:40:40 PM »
On LSAC, they have this admissions index, which takes your lsat score and gpa and multiplies them by some factor and adds a constant. Does anyone know how law schools read this index number? Or why my school isn't listed?

if you create an account on lawschoolnumbers.com, it will calculate your index (when available) automatically and then you can look at who applied to the same schools with indices like yours last year, and whether they got in or not.

Natasha

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 07:31:53 PM »
some schools won't reveal their index to LSAC which is why it isn't listed.  they don't want people to know that they're a GPA whore or a LSAT whore

Thanks, I feel so stupid because I thought that was for undergrad, which would explain why mine wasn't on there.