Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: nyu paper app  (Read 792 times)

lexylit

nyu paper app
« on: October 08, 2004, 02:02:49 PM »
has anyone applied to nyu already but not electronically? i used the lsdas app, printed it up, and mailed it around 9/15 and they have yet to request my report. two people who submitted electronically had it requested within a couple days, so i wanted to see whether anyone is in my boat (since they make it clear they dont like paper) or not

thx!

lexylit

Re: nyu paper app
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 03:11:23 PM »
blah  >:(

Application Receipt, Status, and Requests of LSDAS Reports
It is common for some time to pass, up to and including a few weeks, between the receipt of an application and the request of an LSDAS report.

NYU School of Law typically receives more than 11,000 applications for admission for all programs each year, processes many thousands more letters of recommendation, transcripts, examination reports, etc., and receives several thousand more inquiries. Because of this volume of correspondence, the Committee on Admissions is not able to respond to email inquiries about application receipt and status.

We ask applicants to please refrain from contacting us via email with questions about application receipt and status. Requests of this nature only slow down the process for all applicants. Candidates will receive information about application receipt and status as the process moves forward. The members of the Committee on Admissions and the staff of the Office of Admissions appreciate your patience.

buster

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 03:15:10 PM »
friendly, eh?  >:(

blah  >:(

Application Receipt, Status, and Requests of LSDAS Reports
It is common for some time to pass, up to and including a few weeks, between the receipt of an application and the request of an LSDAS report.

NYU School of Law typically receives more than 11,000 applications for admission for all programs each year, processes many thousands more letters of recommendation, transcripts, examination reports, etc., and receives several thousand more inquiries. Because of this volume of correspondence, the Committee on Admissions is not able to respond to email inquiries about application receipt and status.

We ask applicants to please refrain from contacting us via email with questions about application receipt and status. Requests of this nature only slow down the process for all applicants. Candidates will receive information about application receipt and status as the process moves forward. The members of the Committee on Admissions and the staff of the Office of Admissions appreciate your patience.

lexylit

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 03:17:16 PM »
that's from the website. now i'm scared to call  :-\

Sportseditor23

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2004, 03:36:41 AM »
lexy,

I submitted my paper app on the 24th of september and still no request or email.
You can't get accepted to a school if you don't apply

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Sportseditor23

lexylit

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2004, 01:42:14 AM »
here's entertainment-- with  6 of my apps i threw in a postcard addressed to me from the school saying "we have received your EA application for fall 2005." then i got over it and didnt send any more.

while a lot of schools have requested my report, only 2-- gtown and cornell-- decided to stick my postcard in the mail back to me (stamped with the date).

nyu's arrived today, almost a month after i sent it.

funnier, it was stamped "2004 september 3 9 AM 7 30"

so i'm relieved that they got my materials on, uhh, september 39th  ::)

buster

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2004, 08:41:13 AM »
That explains why you haven't heard anything before now...today's only September 43rd.  ;)

so i'm relieved that they got my materials on, uhh, september 39th  ::)