Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: advantages for early apps  (Read 914 times)

tivoli

• View Profile
advantages for early apps
« on: October 08, 2004, 12:22:39 AM »
is there an advantage to getting in your apps earlier, say end of october, rather than mid/late november?  assuming you're not doing early action

i know i asked in another thread but I really am curious for people's input

-tivoli

nathanielmark

Re: advantages for early apps
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 09:32:45 AM »
generally the eariler the better, but i doubt there is much difference in getting it in early october vs late november, provided you are not applying to a school with an EA program.

buster

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 09:38:47 AM »
That seems to be the general consensus.

generally the eariler the better, but i doubt there is much difference in getting it in early october vs late november, provided you are not applying to a school with an EA program.

desmo

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2004, 09:42:09 AM »
no, you want to wait until late March, that way your app will be on top of the stack when the adcomm looks at it.  If you put it in early, it's likely to end up on the bottom of some assistant's inbox.

dta

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2004, 09:50:08 AM »
One HUGE advantage to applying early at schools that do early action:  you get a decision sooner!

The thought of waiting to get ANY decisions until March is total torture. Fortunately, I'll be getting a signficant number of decisions in December and January. Even if they are denials i'll just be happy to know the result so I can put my focus elsewhere.

nathanielmark

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2004, 09:55:03 AM »
i agree, waiting til december is going to be bad enough. 

jg049457

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 03:34:34 AM »
Well it also seems like a lot of schools who don't have Early Action do Rolling Admissions. Getting apps in earlier to these schools is a benefit because they run the risk of accepting their quotas before the March deadline.