Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Law Preview LLC - is it worth it?  (Read 2200 times)

cc1t

• View Profile
    • Email
Law Preview LLC - is it worth it?
« on: March 23, 2004, 09:09:53 PM »
I'm currently working and waiting till August 1st to goto Tulane for Law School.  I have been reading numerous suggested reading materials, and graduated from the University of Central Florida in Legal Studies, which basically is a major focusing on going to law school by giving you the same classes -- just easier, to have some experience... I just tonight got some mail labeled as Law Preview LLC (website www.lawpreview.com)  - it's apparently endorsed by the Princeton Review, and seems like it could be of some use.  My question is, has anyone taken this before or known someone who has?  If so was it worth it?  Did it actually help with your getting ready for lawschool?  And is it worth the price $1100, plus a week off of work, and room and board in Miami (the closest location) if I go. Also would it be redundant for me to go, seeing as I have already put a lot into prepping for lawschool.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Law Preview LLC - is it worth it?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 09:47:28 AM »
hi cc...

it sounds to me as you've already gotten the same thing that seminar would more than likely teach you. (i got a similar thing in the mail, by the way.)  i think those seminar things are just a way to try to get people who are afraid of the things they hear to 'buy' the confidence they think they need to step into their first class on the first day and feel ready to take on the next year of their lives. i think they try to teach you test taking skills, outlining skills, and things like that. i'm guessing by what you said, you've already acquired those skills in your classes, correct? and i'm sure you paid WAY more than $1100 to do that. lol ;D

so i say, keep the $1100 to yourself, use it toward your costs at Tulane, and i wish you the utmost luck there!! ;D from the way things sound, you're gonna be a great addition to their incoming class! :)

congratulations,
aj :)

lawschoolafterdark

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Law School After Dark
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 09:54:12 AM »
Save the money.  I have yet to meet a law student who didn't need more cash.

bobfett33

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 09:57:36 AM »
As a senior member, I have to say that this law preview thing sounds pretty laem.  I know it's not an identical situation, but can you imagine as a high school senior paying $1,000 for a "college preview" ?

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 10:07:03 AM »
excellent point, fett. sad thing? there's enough of them who do. but i still say don't spend the $$ cc!! lol

planejane

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 01:52:20 PM »
CC1T,

I am looking to apply to Tulane myself, but for Fall 2005.  I will have my bachelor's in legal studies by year's end.  What are your numbers, if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
Christie

cc1t

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 09:44:54 PM »
Thanks a lot for the advice, those are some good points, I think I'll just stick with saving my money for now.

For plane: 
I got a 162/2.9 - 3.8 in my major, Tulane included with my application a graph of chance of being accepted in percentages in relation to your stats, and they are a school that seems to way much heavier on the lsat then gpa.  So, it wouldn't hurt to start studying. 

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2004, 11:23:22 PM »
cc, is tulane the only school that you applied to that sent you the graph? i just found it interesting that they did such a thing. now it makes me wonder if anybody else does. hmm. i think that if more schools did that then they wouldn't have all the application woes they've suppposedly been having lately. oh well for them i guess! lol

thanks for posting that!
aj :)

cc1t

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2004, 01:32:29 AM »
Tulane was the only one, it was in the front of their book, I liked it, it made me look more into Tulane after getting 1,000 apps in the mail.

ajlynnette

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2004, 02:39:48 AM »
hmm! well maybe i'll look into tulane a little more now...thanks again cc! :)

aj