Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How Long is everyone's?  (Read 1722 times)

Gin&Juice

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
How Long is everyone's?
« on: October 07, 2004, 06:56:09 PM »
I could easily write about 2 pages single spaced bout my topic but it seems pretty long.  I was thinking that 1 page single spaced or 2 pages double is more than adequate, but I dunno if its gonna be that short.

How long is everyones?
"I'm Rich Biaaattcchh!!"

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
Re: How Long is everyone's?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 06:58:48 PM »
some of my apps say to limit it to 500 words. right now, mine is 941 words.

TheDecline

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2004, 07:00:26 PM »
10 inches on a bad day, 7 inches after I've been in the pool

dr_draino

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2004, 07:02:27 PM »

That GMU app sucks huh?  What the hell can I say of substance in one page?

One page singe/two page double is plenty original dude.

TheDecline

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2004, 07:03:38 PM »
My PS is two pages.

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2004, 07:07:30 PM »
you're applying there, right? so what are you going to do, just cut your normal 750+ to 500 words? I definitely can't get everything across in 500, but since it's GMU and I talk about choosing adoption over abortion, they'll assume I'm ultra conservative and let me in anyways, right?

dr_draino

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 07:09:36 PM »
I've got a one-pager I'm using as an optional essay that I may throw at 'em.  It's not really as strong as my PS, but I think it should be good enough.  I'm not as excited about DC as I was a month or two ago and I'm kinda getting complacent about applying there...and I sorta feel like with GMU it's just gonna be like "yep, that's a big LSAT...he can write english...take him" ya know?

you're applying there, right? so what are you going to do, just cut your normal 750+ to 500 words? I definitely can't get everything across in 500, but since it's GMU and I talk about choosing adoption over abortion, they'll assume I'm ultra conservative and let me in anyways, right?

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 07:10:58 PM »
good point. i'm still worried that they'll reject me because my gpa is below their 25th percentile. hoping the lsat is high enough above the 75th to get in anyways. although some of the stuff i'm reading on this board makes me not want to go there  :-\

dr_draino

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 07:18:01 PM »
good point. i'm still worried that they'll reject me because my gpa is below their 25th percentile. hoping the lsat is high enough above the 75th to get in anyways. although some of the stuff i'm reading on this board makes me not want to go there  :-\

Yeah, I've got you on the gpa...by all of 0.1 points!!

I've done a lot of looking at the grids on LSAC and at lawschoolnumbers.  Boston U. is my first choice and I was thinking "okay, I need to break 172 if I wanna make up for that gpa", but what I'm starting to think is that with gpas as low as ours, it's not so much that the LSAT can really make up for it:  I mean 170 vs. 174...those are both huge LSATs.  So I think you need something really high, but I dunno that the difference between say a 172 and a 174 would be what decides whether that makes up for my gpa.  I kinda think that my chances will be the same at BU with a 168 as they will be with a 172.  They're either going to be able to forgive my gpa or they're not, and I don't think the LSAT is going to be the deciding factor.  I of course do have to be above their 75th, but for people with gpas between 2.75 and 2.99, they accepted 2 of 17 that had between a 165 and 169 LSAT and 1 of 18 who had 170-174.  I'm guessing once you get into the "really f-ing high" with a bad gpa, there's just gotta be something else besides the LSAT that makes them want to forgive you for your gpa...

just my 2 cents...

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 07:21:21 PM »
i totally agree, especially after talking to my ex, who was rejected everywhere except university of the pacific with a 2.8 from notre dame and a 168. but it seems like, to some extent, a super high lsat with a low gpa is just like a "smart slacker" label and they need something to prove that isn't the case (like my beautifully written addendum which explains why i worked full time while having bi-polar disorder).

personally, i think my PS is going to be good enough to get me at least a second look, if not an acceptance.

You might want to refer them to our "lsd boyfriend" poll for further proof that you are, in fact, a star.  :-*