Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS GPA & Written Evaluations  (Read 606 times)

mccali

• View Profile
LSDAS GPA & Written Evaluations
« on: October 07, 2004, 06:27:51 PM »
After my first year, I transferred from an alternative liberal arts college which gave written evaluations over grades.  How will this effect my overall gpa if at my current university I've maintained a 4.0?

Butch

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LSDAS GPA & Written Evaluations
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2004, 01:38:31 PM »
I too go to a shcool that uses evaluations rather than grades. However, they advise everyone from the get-go that if you are planning on attending post-grad, you should ask your professor for a grade too. SO that's what I did.... My evluations now have a statement at the end that says "Though this university does not use a grading system, if a grade were assigned it would be an A". 

You should check with your school ASAP.  I know for our school, you can go back to professors and have them do it even if the course was a couple years ago.  I had to do that with a couple who had failed to put the grades on.

The evluations are good though...it's nice to have more than just "A" listed, b/c the professor can read "This student was required to write a 20 page report and it was articulate and awesome" .LOL.

mccali

• View Profile
Re: LSDAS GPA & Written Evaluations
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2004, 04:36:20 PM »
Unfortunately when I asked a few of my professors for grades A SEMESTER after I took their course they refused.  It was a lot of fun to transfer without grades...
I only knew of my former school (Antioch College) giving evaluations over grades.  Where are you?