Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: update my transcript?  (Read 757 times)

lilmislawyer

• View Profile
update my transcript?
« on: March 23, 2004, 05:12:27 PM »
I've been put on a few waiting lists and I was thinking I would send my midterm grades for this semester to help myself off of the lists.  The problem is the grades aren't as good as the previous semesters.  I think they're great and would be happy to end off the year with them but will the admissions committee look at them and think I'm inconsistent?

I currently have a 3.97.  My midterm cum for this semester is 3.7ish.  Again I am proud of the scores considering the semester I've had but I dont want to do anything that could negatively affect my status.  Should I send an update?

karenw911

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: update my transcript?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2004, 05:36:20 PM »
You're thinking that sending your current grades with a GPA less than your LSDAS GPA would help?  I'm not sure I agree with that one.

I've never heard of sending in an updated transcript.  You're wanting to send it directly to the schools? I don't know that this is such a good idea, since your original transcripts went through LSDAS.

Perhaps I'm not seeing a side of this issue?

Karen W.

lilmislawyer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2004, 05:45:47 PM »
I guess you're right.  I'm a bit desperate and looking for things to do.  I hate the waiting.  I'm writing the letters of continued interest, and dont have much to say that's changed except, I'm still a good student, not perfect but who is?

gohan00001

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 09:43:43 AM »
How about your LSAT scores?
Also, do you have anything else besides academics in your resume? My take is that law schools tend to preffer people with some experience out of the classroom.

marcman

• Sr. Citizen
  • 2.85/166
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 02:45:31 PM »
ya, definatley don't send in those grades, only do so if it will improve your gpa. you csn send a new letter of rec or a note saying they are your fist choice tho (if they are)