Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Which LOR's to use  (Read 469 times)

ant

Which LOR's to use
« on: October 07, 2004, 12:37:43 PM »
So I have 2 letters from prof's and 1 letter from my work (I work for a small investment banking firm). My academic letters are probably stronger 'cause the profs love me and want me to do grad work. My work letter is a little weaker 'cause my boss thinks I'm an idiot for leaving a great job to go back to school (he doesnt say that in the letter or anything, he just didn't put a lot of heart into it).

I want to use the academic references but I just wonder if it would look bad to not use one from what I am doing now (work). I graduated last year, so the academic ones aren't ancient or anything.

Any thoughts?

jgomez

Re: Which LOR's to use
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 01:03:41 PM »
Well, LSAC will send a max of 3 (as of last year when I applied) I would just send them all in.

ElizaB

• Sr. Citizen
  • What a sweet face?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2004, 03:44:31 PM »
Now you can send four LOR's.
Attending: Texas

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2004, 01:19:51 AM »
im thinking that some schools only let you send 2 in..and ive heard that schools want academic recs over work recs
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

Cool Hand Luke

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2004, 02:26:59 AM »
I've heard as much as that work recommends aren't useful, and that unless you've been out of school for a very long time (over 5 years), they want to see at least two acedemic. And that's assuming the work recommend is equally as strong.

Because yours is weaker, it's a no-brainer. If they only allow 2, send in the two profs.
3.58/172 LSN: CoolHandLuke
Since that seems to be the thing y'all do around here.