Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSDAS On-line Apps ... Warning  (Read 959 times)

runnin_skeerd

LSDAS On-line Apps ... Warning
« on: October 07, 2004, 01:59:36 AM »
I recently submitted my application through the LSDAS on-line program to my #2 choice school.  A few days later, I received an e-mail asking for clarification on one of the questions.  The admissions person wanted to know if I had attended the UT law school, the LSU law school and Hofstra law school?   :o   This was information that I had filled in on another application as the law schools to which I was applying.  Apparently the system inserted the information into the application in the wrong space prior to transmitting it.   >:(  The law school that received the wrong informatin said that this would not have any bearing on the decision concerning my application, but it looks as though I did not proofread the application and is really embarassing.  I'm not so sure it was worth the investment.  :-\

tivoli

• View Profile
Re: LSDAS On-line Apps ... Warning
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2004, 03:03:03 AM »
man, i'm sorry that happened to you.  that's horrible.

russiankitty

• MSN Messenger - zoueva@aya.yale.edu
    • AOL Instant Messenger - morphy4444
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2004, 01:52:03 PM »
DID you proofread it and it didn't show up? Or did you not proofread it at all? It does suck though, electronic things always scare me...

cascagrossa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2004, 05:09:58 PM »
thats exactly why im filling out my apps online but printing and mailing them in.

Rufiooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 02:43:20 AM »
I posted a new thread with this question, but perhaps you could answer it here since you've already submitted electronically!
Basically, I was wondering if transmitting the application will actually send your completed file to the school.  Does this mean that schools do not have to "request your file"?

buster

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 08:25:33 AM »
No, when you transmit the application it sends the application form and whatever attachments you have added. The schools then request your LSDAS report (LSAT score, transcripts, LORs) from LSAC at their leisure.

I posted a new thread with this question, but perhaps you could answer it here since you've already submitted electronically!
Basically, I was wondering if transmitting the application will actually send your completed file to the school.  Does this mean that schools do not have to "request your file"?

louieleftwing

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2004, 03:49:18 PM »
That common information form and flow as you go *&^% is the most worthless part of the program. It automatically fills in crap where it shouldn't all the time.

I still recommend the program because it gets all the apps in one place and allows you to work with them all fairly easily. But whether or not you decide to print them out and mail them or submit them electronically (I'm doing a little of each) you've got to proofread every entry.