Law School Discussion

(Almost) Complete list of questions in RC passage #2

(Almost) Complete list of questions in RC passage #2
« on: October 06, 2004, 05:59:38 PM »
Again, I'm just posting the questions I know were in RC passage #2 -- I might be slightly off in terms of wording, or order, but I thought it still might be useful to you guys.  Oh, and I'm missing one (I believe there were 7 total, I only have 6).  Anyone know what it was?

CHINESE IMMIGRANT FARMERS

1.  What was the main idea of the passage?

2.  What was the purpose of 2nd paragaph?
    (I think it was "to show the unique view of the land the Chinese immigrants had"

3.  What did the passage say was true about earlier records of exploration of the west coast?
    (the answer was that "they were by European Explorers”

4.  With which statement would the author probably agree?
    (I put that "a reinterpretation of what constitutes acceptable historical evidence is useful in other contexts, as well")

5.  What did the Chinese immigrants NOT have knowledge of?
    (The answer was "agribusiness".)

6.  What statement, if true, would most support the author’s claim in the last sentence?
    (This was definitely the last question; I think the consensus is that the answer was "Descendents of the original Chinese immigrants own farms that are built on reclaimed swampland".  But I put "Surveying shows that the land was extremely fertile if irrigated.")

Re: (Almost) Complete list of questions in RC passage #2
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 06:02:04 PM »
the other one is something to the effect of which of the following in proven true would best demonstrate that the chinese had made a significant contribution --- and the answer was about swampled either them altering it or whatever...this was before the question u answer with irrigation

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 07:07:18 PM »
jag, great job, thanks to your steel memory. Could you help my game 4?

legallyliz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 08:06:37 PM »
thanks! that was helpful.  being the obsessed person that i am, i'm trying to re-create the whole test from what people have been discussing (well at least the RC and LR sections).  im not too worried about games.  :P