Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 160/3.7...where to go?  (Read 1883 times)

djg

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
160/3.7...where to go?
« on: July 13, 2003, 10:05:50 PM »
Hey all,
I have a 160 LSAT and a 3.7 gpa...any advice on where to apply? I am considering Emory as a top choice but am nervous about the LSAT score.

Thanks.

Guest23

Re: 160/3.7...where to go?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2003, 10:22:46 AM »
You are in like Flint @ Emory ... but I hope you are prepared to pay because it aint cheap.

John

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 09:39:48 PM »
You should get into a number of very good tier-one schools.  

Where do you want to work?  You should apply/go to the best school in that region.

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2003, 01:12:28 PM »
I think that your numbers are exemplary and that you should have no problem with getting into Emory (although they have high standards with higher LSAT number prerequisties) Just remember that although your LSAT may or may not be lower in terms of their median LSAT if you make it past the first initial decision made by either a comittee or the admissions director then they will look at how you ended up w/ the 3.7 UGPA. Vey important to note is that "the LSAT is a sprint and the UGPA is a marathon."  What is meant is that although there is a strong weight upon the results of LSAT you recieved this result fater one standardized test.  As opposed to your GPA wich was maintained throughout 4 years of college.  And admissions councel will see this and take it into account so you should be fine congrats on the stellar GPA and you did well on the LSAT.  You hard work and determination at the university level paid off, remeber that! Hope this helps.
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141