Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: current LOR processing time  (Read 15283 times)

rlake01

• View Profile
Re: current LOR processing time
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2004, 05:27:39 AM »
Me neither, and I am starting to worry not only about EA, but the other schools where I will be behind in the app pool. I have already applied, and all I am waiting on is f*cking LSAC. Of my three EA schools, WUSTL doesn't require LORs to be complete, Cornell and Penn want two. So, I am going to call and raise hell to LSAC, and then email Cornell and Penn and ask them what they think.

17-19 business days? I thought the point of LSAC's existence was efficiency...

Let us know what Cornell and Penn say ... it will be interesting to find out how the schools will deal with this problem.  Surely, it's going to affect a lot of applicants.

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2004, 10:10:54 AM »
I am also waiting on my letters to apply to schools. My LSAT is low, so I want to get everything to the law schools in one complete solid package. I do not want them to go through my application without the letters. I have all of the apps ready and waiting. I wanted to get it out before the Oct test takers got their scores, but it is not looking like that is going to happen :(
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/

Gummibearz

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - gummibearz
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2004, 01:26:46 PM »
i know for georgetown EA, you have to send your app and ps by nov 1st, but your file doesn't have to be complete with LOR, LSAT and transcripts until dec 1st.
Attending:  Tulane, Class of 2008!

brmurphy

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2004, 03:05:28 PM »
Note from LSAC posted on Online Services Home.

#  LSAC is experiencing a delay in entering Letters of Recommendation (LORs) into candidate files. This delay has created a backlog of letters, so even some letters that were received over a week ago have not yet been processed. Please be aware that we have notified the law schools of this delay, and have requested that they accommodate applicants who may be attempting to meet early application deadlines and whose files may not yet be complete

hocuspocus

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2004, 03:53:25 PM »
Note from LSAC posted on Online Services Home.

#  LSAC is experiencing a delay in entering Letters of Recommendation (LORs) into candidate files. This delay has created a backlog of letters, so even some letters that were received over a week ago have not yet been processed. Please be aware that we have notified the law schools of this delay, and have requested that they accommodate applicants who may be attempting to meet early application deadlines and whose files may not yet be complete

It's about time they addressed the issue, but their message should say "so even some letters that were received over two weeks ago have not yet been processed."

Rachel_G

• View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2004, 04:02:29 PM »
I know, I was like ??!!!&&&, too.  I called them after I had my rec faxed.  According to them, to process faxed rec is not as easy as to process mailed ones.  It takes more time because they have to scan them mannually (whatever it means...that's what they told me)into their system.  So supposedly, it will take more than 12 business days for a faxed rec vs 12 business days for a mailed rec.  One more interesting info...when they receive a rec both by fax and mail, they are going to process both of them so I have to inactivate one of them otherwise the duplicate version will be also sent to schools. Can you believe that??? They are so inefficient.  And this system sucks.  I should have just sent them directly to schools.

Good luck to all of you who are waiting for rec to be processed.

Is it just me or does that make absolutely no sense?

(I'm not questioning whether or not they said that, just the underlying logic of what they said.)

I just talked to LSDAS, and they told me it might take longer to process (more than 12 days)faxed LORs than mailed ones since they had to input them mannually.

AuburnChick

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2004, 10:39:19 PM »
my letters were supposedly sent 21 days ago...does anybody know if they will send me an email when the letters are recieved (even if they are not posted yet)??
158, 3.3
Accepted: Samford, South Texas, Georgia State
priority waitlist (as of July 17th, still no "sorry you're rejected" courtesy call..jerks!): U Richmond
Rejected: U Houston, Emory, Wake

ATTENDING-SAMFORD!

Everyman

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2004, 04:39:29 AM »
So I just realized that I put a note about my transcripts, when this is an LOR thread.

:D

mn1409

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2004, 04:46:18 AM »
Im confused, is it ok to begin applying before the LORs are processed?  I know that the LSAC will send out the letters as they are processed if a school has already requested a report, but do you think it will matter to the school that they come after the transcript, PS, etc?

shadowcreeper

• Sr. Citizen
  • LSD Cheerleader
    • View Profile
    • law school hopeful
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2004, 08:53:14 AM »
Im confused, is it ok to begin applying before the LORs are processed? I know that the LSAC will send out the letters as they are processed if a school has already requested a report, but do you think it will matter to the school that they come after the transcript, PS, etc?

I think it is situational. I have a low LSAT score, so I want the ad com to recieve everything at once. In my opinion, it just makes it look like you took the time to be on top of everything and you were prepared.

I know that the ad com do not usually start to go through your package until they have recieved everything, so I do not think it could really hurt. It is probably personal preference.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself absurd.
I can't pass up this oppurtunity to make myself be heard.
Nobody's gonna stand in my way.
Give it up son, I'm doin this my way.. Seether

http://lawschoolhopeful.blogspot.com/