Law School Discussion

current LOR processing time

buster

Re: current LOR processing time
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2004, 01:16:48 PM »
Is it just me or does that make absolutely no sense?

(I'm not questioning whether or not they said that, just the underlying logic of what they said.)

I just talked to LSDAS, and they told me it might take longer to process (more than 12 days)faxed LORs than mailed ones since they had to input them mannually.

« Reply #51 on: October 18, 2004, 01:29:07 PM »
I just spoke with LSAC, and they said that the current processing time is 12-15 business days after they receive the recommendation.

Rufiooo

• Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 18, 2004, 01:30:19 PM »
Thanks for checking.  Now maybe if we all stop calling and harrassing them, they will have more time to process letters!

« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2004, 01:35:28 PM »
I just spoke with LSAC, and they said that the current processing time is 12-15 business days after they receive the recommendation.

Funny you mention that.  I called late on Friday, and at that point, it was 10-12 business days.  These guys had no idea what they were info when they created the targeted letter option.

buster

« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2004, 01:41:39 PM »
Last Wednesday I called twice. In the morning they told me 5-6 working days. I let 'em off the hook at that, but later I realized it had already been much longer than that so I called back. The second time they said 10-12 days. Up to 12-15, now, eh? Fan-f-ing-tastic.

Funny you mention that.  I called late on Friday, and at that point, it was 10-12 business days.  These guys had no idea what they were info when they created the targeted letter option.

« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2004, 01:46:53 PM »
I called today and explained that my letters were sent on the 1st.....WHERE ARE THEY? she said "well, if they were sent on the 1st, then they probably didnt get here until the 6th or the 7th (that is just not true) and you can expect another 10 or 12 days after that (we've reached that day right..that even includes some nonweek days)..and she said that if my letters arent up by monday that I should have my recommenders RESEND them!

« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2004, 03:12:53 PM »
my first letter was mailed on oct 8th and posted oct 15th(one week exactly), my second letter mailed before the 8th and didn't post until today...so i have no idea what kind of order they are using to process the letters. i have a third letter (just in case) that should be sent out this week, who knows how long thats going to take...

legallyliz

« Reply #57 on: October 18, 2004, 04:19:03 PM »
Thanks for checking.  Now maybe if we all stop calling and harrassing them, they will have more time to process letters!

I agree!  LSD members are only a small percentage of the people that are registered with LSDAS this year.  They probably spend half their day answering our phone calls.

« Reply #58 on: October 19, 2004, 04:39:45 AM »

I agree!  LSD members are only a small percentage of the people that are registered with LSDAS this year.  They probably spend half their day answering our phone calls.

Um, I doubt that the people answering the phones are the same people processing the letters.

NeverForever

« Reply #59 on: October 19, 2004, 11:08:14 AM »
Okay, now I'm getting really worried about my EA deadlines.