Law School Discussion

current LOR processing time

Rufiooo

• Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
Re: current LOR processing time
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2004, 11:48:01 PM »
It's the busiest time of year for them... try and be patient if you can.  I'm sure they are working harder than we imagine.  Just like when customers come in to the restaurant where I work and get impatient, not realizing that I am running my arse off for 5 different tables.  Just wait a stinking second; you'll get your refill AND your salad!  And don't forget to tip... I only make $2.13 per hour!

Trel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2004, 06:50:10 AM »
Great...I just found out one rec I've been waiting for hasn't even been sent out yet.  I'm wondering if I should just tell the professor to forget about it or hand him the new LoR form and hope for the best.  I wanted all my apps complete by november 1st but even if he gets the rec out next week it won't be processed until early-mid nov.  What a disaster.

NeverForever

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2004, 07:00:09 AM »
Random question... on the LSAC account status site do they post when they receive a LOR or only when it's processed?

buster

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2004, 07:10:08 AM »
There's only one date indicated, and the heading is "date received". It really means date processed, though.

Random question... on the LSAC account status site do they post when they receive a LOR or only when it's processed?

NeverForever

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2004, 07:15:22 AM »
Oh okay, so there's no way to tell if the letter got there or not... just if it has been processed. Well, that's a pain. Oh well.

buster

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2004, 07:20:43 AM »
...and they are unable to tell you if you call them.  >:(

Oh okay, so there's no way to tell if the letter got there or not... just if it has been processed. Well, that's a pain. Oh well.

jennynam

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2004, 01:58:22 PM »
Does anyone have letters that were sent September 30th or October 1st? If so, have your LORs been processed yet?

My professor's secretary said she sent one out on the 30th or 1st, but it still hasn't shown up. :'(

buster

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2004, 02:16:42 PM »
mailed 28th, not yet processed  >:( >:( >:(

Does anyone have letters that were sent September 30th or October 1st? If so, have your LORs been processed yet?

My professor's secretary said she sent one out on the 30th or 1st, but it still hasn't shown up. :'(

Rufiooo

• Play Ultimate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2004, 02:17:00 PM »
I had one sent on or around the 1st, and it showed up a couple of days ago.

Rufiooo

• Play Ultimate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2004, 02:18:28 PM »
Of course, I also have unlimited funds which I am spreading around liberally between my recommenders, the LSAC, and admissions officers.  This seems to speed things up.