Law School Discussion

current LOR processing time

Rufiooo

• Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
Re: current LOR processing time
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 03:23:43 PM »
One of mine was sent about 1 1/2 weeks ago and hasn't shown up yet.  This is annoying b/c my other recommender hasn't sent his off yet, so my file probabaly won't even be complete by the time my LSAT score is released. ACK

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2004, 07:08:56 PM »
 :)  :)  :)
 my letter of recommendation was finally processed...this is over 4 weeks after it was mailed, and 10 days after I had it faxed in cause I figured it got lost in the mail

« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2004, 11:18:11 AM »
I am still waiting my LOR to show up, too.  It has been like 3 weeks.  I want my application files to be ready before my LSAT score becomes available.  Does anyone know when scores become available to law schools?  Is it Oct 25th as well?

Rufiooo

• Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2004, 02:48:46 PM »
Hey, mine actually did show up yesterday.  The wait isn't too bad right now, should be around 2 weeks.  Don't worry guys

maggiemoo

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 08:21:23 PM »
To those of you who sent your letters near the end of Sept/beginning of Oct, I'm assuming you used the old letter of recommendation form, the new letter of rec form has a fancy bar code across it. (Do you know what I'm talking about?) Do you think the fact that they switched forms this month is why it's taking so long for them to process our letters?

Seroiously, for the huge amounts of money that we pay them, the registration fee, the fee for each report, and everything else we pay for, WTF is taking so long? Sorry, I had to vent, I'm getting impatient....

Nylo

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2004, 01:23:01 AM »
Probably. When I called LSAC to inquire the status of a transcript, that was the answer they gave me. Pretty dumb to be changing all your forms smack dab in the middle of application season, if you ask me.

Trel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2004, 09:09:46 AM »
I'm getting worried too.  My prof sent out my rec on sept. 30th and it still hasn't been processed.  If it's not processed by the end of the business day friday I'm going to call them and ask what I can do.  This is incredibly frustrating.

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2004, 12:28:17 PM »
I have letters that were sent to LSAC on Sept. 29 and Oct. 4, and both came from nearby states, so they could not possibly have taken longer than 3 days to arrive.  Neither one has posted.

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2004, 02:09:06 PM »
Just got off the phone with the LSAC people.  Not extremely helpful about non-posted LOR (just told me to wait), but they did say that faxing them isn't faster/better because the ID bar code won't scan from a fax.  If anyone calls LSAC tonight or tomorrow, please confirm.

Rishi

maggiemoo

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2004, 04:34:48 PM »
I am starting to HATE the LSAC! ARGH! What are they doing there? I imaging people playing solitaire or gossiping in the office while our letters sit unopened, ignored, or gasp, lost somewhere on their desks............