Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Help please, LSAC totally unhelpful  (Read 623 times)

amarain

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Atlanta Private Investigator
Help please, LSAC totally unhelpful
« on: October 06, 2004, 11:23:10 AM »
OK, I was trying to register for the LSDAS. It asks about graduate work, and insists you put in graduation or degree expected date. My situation is: if I get accepted to law school, I will not complete the degree, but if I am not accepted, I will complete it in Dec 2006. So, if I put Dec. 2006, I am pretty sure schools will look at it and assume that I don't plan on enrolling in 2006 anyway, and reject me. But if I say May 2005, that's not really honest, and I don't want to get in trouble for that.

I wrote LSAC about this and they said:
If you are entered in a degree granting program, you would need to enter the expected degree date. If it is not a degree granting program, enter the school under "other institutions attended" and indicate the level as "graduate."
Louise Jamieson
LSAC

which doesn't help me at all.

Any ideas?

!@#$%

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Help please, LSAC totally unhelpful
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 11:27:21 AM »
I think you go ahead and put an expected degree date in.  You can always addend that nugget.  Anyway, I doubt that schools would use that as a reason to reject you, even if they thought you were going to finish.

Rufiooo

• Sr. Citizen
  • Play Ultimate
    • AOL Instant Messenger - xPunk313x
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 05:06:02 PM »
Sorry to say the opposite of kgd2b1, but I think I would fill out the app as if I were expecting to get in.  You are planning to attend law school in the fall, so your graduate school would not be a degree-granting program.  Are you only applying to one school?  I think if you apply to several schools in a range that fits you, there should be a good chance of getting accepted somewhere, IMO.  You might also seek the help of a pre-law advisor.  Good luck!

buster

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 05:08:26 PM »
agreed

Sorry to say the opposite of kgd2b1, but I think I would fill out the app as if I were expecting to get in.  You are planning to attend law school in the fall, so your graduate school would not be a degree-granting program.  Are you only applying to one school?  I think if you apply to several schools in a range that fits you, there should be a good chance of getting accepted somewhere, IMO.  You might also seek the help of a pre-law advisor.  Good luck!