Law School Discussion

LR Question that I can't remember

CaptainAce

LR Question that I can't remember
« on: October 06, 2004, 02:41:06 PM »
Was there some question about Dracula on one of the LR sections? It had something to do with time, but I cannot remember what it said. It is driving me crazy. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Re: LR Question that I can't remember
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2004, 03:18:10 PM »
Something about whether or not Bram Stroker's version was responsible for (or the first instance of?) a vampire being able to turn into a bat.  I didn't particularly like this question.  My answer was something like....at least one story/version whatever that predated Bram's didn't have the vampire-bat connection.

I'm wanting to think that there were 2 questions for this passage, but i've seen others say we didn't have any of those on this test.  Maybe not, but seems to me like there were 2. 

BIG H2001

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2004, 04:27:59 PM »
Something about whether or not Bram Stroker's version was responsible for (or the first instance of?) a vampire being able to turn into a bat.  I didn't particularly like this question.  My answer was something like....at least one story/version whatever that predated Bram's didn't have the vampire-bat connection.

I'm wanting to think that there were 2 questions for this passage, but i've seen others say we didn't have any of those on this test.  Maybe not, but seems to me like there were 2. 

I think it was something like, at least one story DID.  That was what I put, I believe.

legallyliz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 04:35:35 PM »

I think it was something like, at least one story DID.  That was what I put, I believe.

we DEFINITELY had this question.  I didnt have the LR experimental and I remember this question.  It a weakening argument question, I believe.  The argument stated that Stroker's version of the vampire turning into bats is responsible for our version of what vampires are or something.  I remember picking the one answer that said something about prior vampire stories didn't have instances of vampires as bats.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 04:38:11 PM »
yup, i agree