Law School Discussion

LSAT Games Question

LSAT Games Question
« on: October 05, 2004, 09:08:53 PM »
Hey everyone!

For all those who took the OCT 2 LSAT, and completed the third and fourth games in the AR section: does anyone remember putting an abundance of the letter d) down on your answer sheet?

I know it was a couple of days ago, so please forgive me for this. I just keep obsessing.

FSF17

Re: LSAT Games Question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 10:29:24 PM »
Honestly, it rings a bell, but don't hold me to it. ;D

I do remember for one of the sections, I had only one C. ??? :-\

CaptainAce

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 10:54:41 PM »
I wish someone knew the answer to this. I guessed D for the last nine questions on the games. There are enough smart people on this board.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 11:32:18 PM »
I was totally spaced out at the end of of the test; hence, the lack of intelligence to finish the last two games, except for two questions :-X ANY help here would be appreciated.

I know there are some smarties here.

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 01:41:49 AM »
i remember answer 17 on game 3 was D

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 09:23:35 AM »
yeah, there is at least one d on game 3. according to people on the board the answer to the last question on game three is D (four spaces for F). i, unfortunately, changed my D to a C  because i thought there had to be an O. not sure about it, but concensus says that D is the answer. meaning, you got at least one point on those last 2 games, and one point always helps! i think there was another D in there somewhere as well. also, if it makes you feel better, the last two games had 10 questions (5 each, i think) so if you get all of them wrong, you can still score ok provided you ace the other sections.

WitterUin4

• How I thought of ad comms
    • View Profile
    • My blog
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 09:36:12 AM »
Now I'm really confused. My 3rd game was the archaeology one. My 4th was the parking lot game. The 1st and 2nd were the one with Fuentes and the dog one respectively.  Are they all in the same order, or does that vary by test booklet? 

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 10:05:17 AM »
I had in order:

Senor Fuentes 
Dogs
Archeologists
Parking Lot

Most posting here are about the last 2 games.  Don't see much about the first two.  I guess it is agreed those were pretty straightforward?  Meaning if you worked them and found an answer it was probably right?  No tricks?

I don't remember much about them other than I think the Dogs one took me a little longer.  Especially one question at the end about who can't or couldn't go somewhere, had to work them all out. 

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2004, 10:11:28 AM »
Cleach what did u score on your practice test?

LSATGuru

« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2004, 10:58:34 AM »
My interpretation:

Dogs:
Three categories, Mon Tues Weds, 2 slots for each, 6 total spots, 6 total variables.  LP had to be together, G and H couldn't be together, and K and S were left over.  This means that G has to go with either K or S and H ha to go with either K or S; thus, K and S can't go together.  The only thing to watch out for after that was the conditionals that had to do with the days of the week. 

Meetings:
F F F M R S T seven meetings for seven spots. 

"TS" were a block where T had to be before S.  F's couldn't touch so "FFF" and "FF" was prohibited.  M couldn't be in 1 or 7; R was random.     

Most of the questions focused around placing the variables so that the "TS" block couldn't be together like: "F _ F _ F M R"  or "F M _ F R F _"  or they would try to make it so that F's would have to be together like putting the TS block right next to R or M, like so "T S R _ M _ _" or "T S M _ _ R _"   Once in a while one of the conditions would place R, TS, and the F's, and leave only a 1 or 7 spot for M.  This game was very straight-forward.

I thought the parking game was fairly easy too.  The Archealogical dig was the hardest game because of the "Century" element and the fact that not all the variables had to be represented ("O" didn't have to be in the 5 sites).

I had in order:

Senor Fuentes 
Dogs
Archeologists
Parking Lot

Most posting here are about the last 2 games.  Don't see much about the first two.  I guess it is agreed those were pretty straightforward?  Meaning if you worked them and found an answer it was probably right?  No tricks?

I don't remember much about them other than I think the Dogs one took me a little longer.  Especially one question at the end about who can't or couldn't go somewhere, had to work them all out.