Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LSACD vs LSACD-Rom  (Read 1234 times)

NYBound05

LSACD vs LSACD-Rom
« on: October 05, 2004, 09:48:09 PM »
I can't decide which one to get!  I don't see the core difference between the two.  Has anyone gotten one or the other, and are finding that they may have made the wrong choice?

It's times like these that I hate choices. 

Lipper316

Re: LSACD vs LSACD-Rom
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 09:58:23 PM »
LSACD is cheaper and is THE SAME EXACT THING. only difference is where the information is stored.

NYBound05

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 10:04:50 PM »
LSACD is cheaper and is THE SAME EXACT THING. only difference is where the information is stored.

See, that's what I figured.  I was just trying to see what the $4 difference was (I'm cheap, unless it's for a good reason).

I think I may just get the CD, simply because I also have options as to where I work on app. stuff; I can work on it at school or wherever, and not just home.

Plus, it's cheaper  :)

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 10:14:17 PM »
the online one, in addition to being able to work wherever, also gives you faster (instant?) access.  the CD-ROM has to be shipped, and people on the board have complained about it taking forever.  i ordered the LSACD-Web before it was technically available, and then i had access once it was up, so i don't know how quickly you get access when you order now, but it's pretty fast either way.  next business day or faster.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?

Lipper316

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 10:26:38 PM »
Last year when I applied, I had access immediately to the applications....of course right after my credit card cleared.

dustinthewind

• Bogey: I just gotta get away, someplace far off.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 11:49:31 AM »
You can print out either version, right?  So, if you want to mail in your stuff, either option is of equal utility?

russiankitty

• MSN Messenger - zoueva@aya.yale.edu
    • AOL Instant Messenger - morphy4444
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2004, 01:33:13 PM »
pookie, how did you deal with your feewaivers with the LSDACD? i called LSDAS and they said I'd have to call every school and figure out how to get reimbursed (these are fee waivers you get for doing OK on the LSAT from Columbia etc... not fee waivers from LSAC)...

maricutie

« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2004, 01:37:29 PM »
Ergg ... I ordered the CD, and had I known it was going to take this long, I would have chosen the other option. I don't have a printer at home, so I figured the CD would be a better idea ... but, yeesh, the soonest it's going to get to me is this Thurs/Fri.

As for the fee waivers for CD -- yeah, does anyone know? This is a good question ... I would assume that it works the same way as the regular electronic app process, but not sure. Any ideas?

tivoli

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2004, 03:06:17 AM »
I ordered the CD back in August and as of last week it still didn't come.  LSAC reps told me they honestly didn't know when they could ship the CD to me because it was still out of stock.  I asked them to change my order so that I could use the web version instead, and they did that for me on the spot

i'd suggest web for anyone who's debating between the two

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2004, 03:52:49 AM »
You can print out either version, right?  So, if you want to mail in your stuff, either option is of equal utility?

yes, you can print from either one.  this allows you to see what it looks like on paper for proofreading purposes too.  very helpful.

pookie, how did you deal with your feewaivers with the LSDACD? i called LSDAS and they said I'd have to call every school and figure out how to get reimbursed (these are fee waivers you get for doing OK on the LSAT from Columbia etc... not fee waivers from LSAC)...

from what i've heard from others, many/some of the schools give a list of students who got waivers to LSAC, and they waive your fee when you submit electronically.  others want you to send the waiver in the mail with your certification if you apply electronically.  check the waiver itself; it will usually say.  michigan explicitly says to send it in with certification if you're applying with LSACD.  columbia says to mail it with application materials, which i'll assume will be the certification, since i'm applying online.  there have been some schools whose waivers are only for paper apps, but these seem to be schools whose online apps are already free, if i remember correctly.

Ergg ... I ordered the CD, and had I known it was going to take this long, I would have chosen the other option. I don't have a printer at home, so I figured the CD would be a better idea ... but, yeesh, the soonest it's going to get to me is this Thurs/Fri.

As for the fee waivers for CD -- yeah, does anyone know? This is a good question ... I would assume that it works the same way as the regular electronic app process, but not sure. Any ideas?

if you don't have a printer at home, wouldn't the web version be better, so you can access it from anywhere to print from the website?

anyway, i haven't submitted apps yet, but i have the web version, and it's been great so far.
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?