Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How the hell did they get in there  (Read 4309 times)

toiysam

• MSN Messenger - toiysam@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • 2LawSchool
Re: How the hell did they get in there
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2004, 02:55:19 PM »
Well, there is another thing about nikegilr05. if you check her profile (check the first post for link) then you will see that she only applied to two law schools, yale and NYU, and well, those are really competitive law schools. I guess, that even if she believed that she was super special and out of this world, it would make sense for her to apply to another school as well, one that usually admits such numbers. that way she would play it safe. I really believe that not everyone in lawschoolnumbers is telling the truth. that makes lawscholnumbers frankly useless, because you never know who is being sincere or not. so, the one will expect those who got in the range to be telling the truth, and well, we don't need a website to tell us that people who got in the ranges got admited, do we? but still , it is fun!!

macheko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2004, 03:03:41 PM »
You're right, we should be careful when considering LawSchoolNumbers.com stats.

I too was shocked by some of the applicants getting into NYU, Columbia and Harvard with numbers that were simply too low to be believed, and who happened to be minorities.

I believe that affirmative action can be a good thing but if these extreme statistics are true then people who aren't qualified are getting into top 10 schools.

But instead of getting upset I'm going to try to forget about it. The data isn't verifiable, and in any case there's no use bemoaning my fate as a white male.

1L2004

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2004, 03:22:19 PM »
seeing how incredibly bitter/caustic/paranoid some of the folks are over on the PR boards, I wouldn't put it past some of them to try to skew the numbers... So few minorities go to law school anyway that getting rid of AA would probably only bring in a few more whites and they certainly wouldn't be those folks with 169s who female dog about a minority getting in with a 168 - if anyone gets screwed over, it's probably folks with 173+ who get rejected by 3 of the top-5 and then get accepted by the other two anyway. I remember some months ago someone on LS#s posted a 155 LSAT and noted that her daddy had given HLS a huge donation...frankly, I think we should simply rely on the LSAT/GPA info that ends up on the US News rankings.