Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: hs gpa  (Read 1524 times)

Corsair

• View Profile
hs gpa
« on: October 05, 2004, 08:12:47 PM »
when applying to law school, how much does your high school gpa count? your college gpa? My current high school gpa is a sorta low, gonna have aprox 3.5gpa but this is because i have all ap/top level "1" classes and i'm also in a very competitive and funded school, do they consider that too with my gpa?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: hs gpa
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 08:16:20 PM »
If you're in high school, you are much to young to even be on this board.  Come back in a couple of years when it's closer to the time when it's realistic to being seriously into the nitty-gritty of law school apps.

And your hs gpa doesn't count AT ALL.  Perhaps you should be looking into colleges first, and not get ahead of yourself.

The best advice you can use now, is that when you go to college, maintain the best gpa you can, and explore until you find a major that really interests you.  And have some fun, too!

Corsair

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 09:20:57 PM »
thought so, the hs gpa is just to get you into a decent college right. Also, does it matter that much on which undergrad college to go to? i hear it's best to just go with the your favorite major and do the best possible, then look for the highest level law school you can get into?

jacy85

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2004, 09:38:14 PM »
There's different factors about how much each college helps you.  Ivy League has the prestige that goes with it, and will help a bit in ls admissions.

Some schools are infamous for grade inflation, which devalues your gpa a bit.

I think you should basically just pick a school you like and you feel you will be happy with for 4 years.  Make sure you visit them, and try to talk to students and see waht they think (and not jsut the tour guides.  They love kissing ass, and many aren't quite honest about some aspects)

Babalaco

• Sr. Citizen
    • AOL Instant Messenger - babalaco
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2004, 09:51:23 PM »
if you cant spell college you probabaly wont get into law school[

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2004, 09:56:55 PM »
Was this necessary?

I also find it ironic you are calling someone out for their spelling when you didn't use any punctuation marks in your statement.

Corsair

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2004, 10:02:04 PM »
I believe you were trying to say

If you can't spell college you probabaly won't get into law school.

rather then

If you take so much pride in your spelling, much as well work on the grammar too.

vmersich

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2004, 10:12:15 PM »
I believe you were trying to say

If you can't spell college you probabaly won't get into law school.

rather then

If you take so much pride in your spelling, much as well work on the grammar too.

There seems to be a curse on this board.  When someone criticizes another's grammar, or gets pissy about another doing so, they inevitably make a mistake in their post.

TheDecline

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2004, 10:14:33 PM »
Spread love, not hate.  I feel like a new person.  ;D

MaroonOut2005

• Sr. Citizen
  • Attending: Notre Dame
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2004, 10:23:31 PM »
I'll just never understand why people care.  This is an internet discussion board, not a corporate memo or thesis.