Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: letter from uva  (Read 1076 times)

lexylit

letter from uva
« on: October 05, 2004, 06:03:15 PM »
thought this was cool so am sharing--

Dear lexysnuggles,

We have received your application for admission to the University of Virginia School of Law.  I am delighted to learn of your interest in our academic community.  I believe that the University of Virginia provides a superb legal education, taught by the finest faculty this country has to offer, in a stimulating and collegial environment that is unique among the nationís top law schools.

You may track the status of your application via the web using our On-Line Application Status Monitor.   This system will enable you to ascertain whether the information required to complete your application has been received, when your file is forwarded to the Admissions Committee for review, and the date that a decision letter is mailed.  We hope that this system will provide you with the information you need throughout the application season and eliminate some of the inevitable uncertainties of this important process.  Your feedback on this system is always appreciated.

To access the Application Status Monitor, go to the School of Law website at https://law5.law.virginia.edu . Your user name and password appear at the end of this message, and you also will receive that information via regular mail.  To protect the confidentiality of your application, please do not share this information with anyone.  You can select a new password once you have logged in or at any time during the admissions process. You also can use the Application Status Monitor to update your contact information with the Admissions Office, or to communicate with us via e-mail.

I would also like to extend an invitation to visit the School of Law this year.  Each day while classes are in session, we offer student-led tours and classes open to visitors.  Most Fridays during the fall semester and in early spring, we will host an admissions information session for prospective students.  Check our website at http://www.law.virginia.edu/admissions for dates and details.

Our admissions process involves a thorough and highly individualized evaluation of each application. We hope that you will understand the time it takes for thoughtful review and consideration of your credentials.  If, during the admissions process, we can answer any questions, or if we may be of assistance in any way, please do let us know.

Sincerely,

Susan Palmer
Associate Dean

TheDecline

Re: letter from uva
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2004, 06:05:11 PM »
That's awesome.  Since that will be the closest thing I will ever get to an acceptance letter, I'm looking forward to it.

_EKC_

• Sr. Citizen
  • LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2004, 06:06:00 PM »
That's awesome.  Since that will be the closest thing I will ever get to an acceptance letter, I'm looking forward to it.

:D ;D :D

hex31169

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2004, 04:02:43 PM »
when did u send your application in/when did uva request the report???

lexylit

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2004, 04:04:09 PM »
they requested it yesterday; i snail-mailed my app around 9/17

melissamw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2004, 04:43:12 PM »
Not feeling the love...  Mine was sent out yesterday and still no email from UVA  ::)

runnin_skeerd

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2004, 02:39:04 AM »
Isn't that precious!  I wonder if the fifth tier schools will be using this fabulous tool of modern technology?  I'll let you all know when I receive my letters by courier pigeon from the University of Puerto Rico (You mean you couldn't even find an American School that'll have y'r sorry ass) and The Appalachian (Sorry 'bout y'r luck) Law Schools.

TDPookie1

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
  • the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2004, 03:08:31 AM »
runnin, your signature is awesome.  if you wrote that on an addendum and i were on the adcomm, i'd accept you.  :)
i am officially the biggest nerd of LSD!  ::gleaming with pride, as i shine my yoda trophy::

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=TDPookie1

accepted at yale.  how the hell did i pull this one off?