Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Can you transfer to another school [FT] in your first year as a PT student?  (Read 446 times)

kaniff

• View Profile
Hey guys.

So I applied to mostly PT programs and have been accepted to them.

I didn't apply to FT programs, but a couple gave me the choice to go FT if I wanted.

These are all second tiers.

The schools I got in as a PT student are far superior.

My goal is still to land a degree in a Top 25 school.  So yes, my goal is to do well enough as a 1L to be able to transfer out.

My question is, if I go to a PT program, can I transfer into a T25 fulltime program?  Or would I have to wait until I take my classes I'm lacking my summer after my first year?

I don't know if I'd meet the minimum requirements to be able to transfer, let alone meet the deadlines for transfer students once taking the classes in the summer.  Or can I apply with my summer classes pending?  Any insight would be great!  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

Ender Wiggin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN Profile
Hey guys.

So I applied to mostly PT programs and have been accepted to them.

I didn't apply to FT programs, but a couple gave me the choice to go FT if I wanted.

These are all second tiers.

The schools I got in as a PT student are far superior.

My goal is still to land a degree in a Top 25 school.  So yes, my goal is to do well enough as a 1L to be able to transfer out.

My question is, if I go to a PT program, can I transfer into a T25 fulltime program?  Or would I have to wait until I take my classes I'm lacking my summer after my first year?

I don't know if I'd meet the minimum requirements to be able to transfer, let alone meet the deadlines for transfer students once taking the classes in the summer.  Or can I apply with my summer classes pending?  Any insight would be great!  ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D :D :D

**Talking out of my ass alert**

I would think you would have to finish all of your required 1L classes, no matter how long that took you, before you could transfer into a full-time program.  Whether you could apply is a different matter. 

LSN

Michigan Law Class of 2011

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
I am sure it will depend on the school, but generally you have to finish all 28-30 hours of 1L to transfer... but if you can finish ALL of your classes that summer you might be ok. I would call a few schools you are interested in and ask them what thier policy is.
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.

kaniff

• View Profile
Doesn't hurt to ask right?  :D

BTW, are you going to Brooklyn PennyLane?

I am Penny Lane

• Sr. Citizen
  • Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Nope doesn't hurt to ask at all. I think I will end up at U of Tennessee... can't beat the tuition there!
LSN

Quote from: dotlyn
PennyLane invented sweet. She has the patent on it. I tried to act sweet one time and she sued me.