Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: How does LSAC calculate Credit/No Credit classes if you get credit for it?  (Read 3724 times)

DAve1211

• View Profile
How does LSAC calculate Credit/No Credit classes if you get credit for it?

If you get no credit I know that it counts as an F.

But what happens in the case of you having a passed the class in a Credit/No Credit class? Is that considered an A?

ManTGeo

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2012!
    • View Profile
It's not considered as part of your GPA at all.

xabialonso

• View Profile
Re: How does LSAC calculate Credit/No Credit classes if you get credit for it?
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2008, 01:34:50 AM »
Is no credit also not factored into GPA?

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: How does LSAC calculate Credit/No Credit classes if you get credit for it?
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 10:12:33 AM »
http://www.lsat.org/pdfs/2008-2009/InformationBook08web.pdf

Page 28, read it, learn it, love it.

Grades excluded from conversion:
- Passing grades from systems of one or two passing grades (e.g., Pass/Fail, Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, Credit/No Credit, or Honors/Pass/Fail, High Pass/Pass/Fail) and for those for which conversion rules cannot be formulated...
- A No Credit grade that does not signify failure and for which no attempt at credit was made (e.g., NC=No Credit/Withdraw, or NC=No Credit Attempted)

klmnumbers

• View Profile
    • Email
http://www.lsat.org/pdfs/2008-2009/InformationBook08web.pdf

Page 28, read it, learn it, love it.

Grades excluded from conversion:
- Passing grades from systems of one or two passing grades (e.g., Pass/Fail, Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory, Credit/No Credit, or Honors/Pass/Fail, High Pass/Pass/Fail) and for those for which conversion rules cannot be formulated...
- A No Credit grade that does not signify failure and for which no attempt at credit was made (e.g., NC=No Credit/Withdraw, or NC=No Credit Attempted)

lol yay because I got a couple Unsatisfactories on my dorm colloquium freshman year and I failed recital attendance twice (we had to take it and pass it 6 times before graduation), and I was a bit concerned it might affect the GPA, so yays
LSN - even tho I have no numbers yet. There it is.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Sigh. They don't count PASSING grades from Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. An Unsatisfactory counts as an F.

klmnumbers

• View Profile
    • Email
Sigh. They don't count PASSING grades from Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory. An Unsatisfactory counts as an F.

oh, well boo then.

ETA - for the record, mine still do not count as they were taken for 0 credit. or at least that's how I am reading it on page 28.

"Those awarded no measure of credit by the granting institution, regardless of grade." as both of the courses I referenced were taken for 0 credit.

heartbreaker

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Yes, that is true. O credit classes do not count.

klmnumbers

• View Profile
    • Email
Yes, that is true. O credit classes do not count.

That's what I intended with my comment originally as I clicked the link to the PDF, but I am sleepy and apparently incapable of expressing myself in text these days. =)

Thank you for confirming for me!