Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: A day in the life of...University of Minnesota  (Read 1772 times)

teafortwo

• View Profile
Re: A day in the life of...University of Minnesota
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2008, 06:35:26 PM »
Ah, yes.

Perhaps the fact that Minnesota didn't even let you into their law school influenced your perception a bit? It's a much different process looking at a school that you are accepted to than one that has deferred you. It saves the ego to find the flaws in a place that may not want you anyway.

OlderandWiser

• Sr. Citizen
  • It's not creepy, it's kittens
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2008, 06:49:08 PM »
Ah, yes.

Perhaps the fact that Minnesota didn't even let you into their law school influenced your perception a bit? It's a much different process looking at a school that you are accepted to than one that has deferred you. It saves the ego to find the flaws in a place that may not want you anyway.

I didn't think my review was that negative.  There were several aspects that I really liked, which I believe I mentioned in the post.  Think what you want, but I've done a few of these reviews and have tried to be honest about my opinions regardless of my admission status.  I was waitlisted at IU-B and gave them a fairly favorable review.  These are just my impressions based on one visit.  If you have some other concrete insight to offer about Minnesota based on your experiences I'm sure people, myself included, would love to hear about it. 
University of Washington 2011

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2008, 01:09:38 PM »
To the OP,

Minneapolis dies on Sunday nights. Monday through Saturday there are a lot of things to do. Don't judge the nightlife or culture on a Sunday night, because it is not an accurate reflection of the city as a whole. If you want a reason not to go to Minneapolis I can give you two, frigid cold and lots of snow.