Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Please help: WUSTL, W&L, or Minnesota?  (Read 993 times)

JG

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Please help: WUSTL, W&L, or Minnesota?
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2008, 01:03:54 AM »
Samson, B:

It's kind of hard for me to say what happens to people who finished outside of the top 30-50%, because (as wustl3l says), almost no one talks about grades or jobs, so I just don't know who had what grades.  I certainly knew a number of people who didn't have jobs at graduation, but I'm not sure how broad or extensive their job searches were.  From what I know, most of them now have jobs, though they had to do their own legwork (networking, etc.) to get them.  My sense is that the people who have the most trouble are those with mediocre-to-bad grades who want to work in locations that tend to attract people from schools ranked above Wash U.

As for CSO, it worked well for me (I got a summer associateship through on-campus interviewing).  But I know a lot of people complained about it, probably people whose grades weren't so good.  I hope it's improving.

Samson, B.

• Sr. Citizen
  • GPA: 3.38 LSAT: 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2008, 09:35:58 PM »
Thanks JG, I take it then your vote for my current situation would be for WUSTL then?
Vanderbilt University Law School Class of 2011 (and proud!)

donwario

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2008, 10:33:22 PM »
I would vote for WUSTL for OP

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2008, 01:59:09 AM »
Get WashU to bump your scholarship from 25k/year to 30k/year. They bumped a friend of mine up (he is 169/3.4 too) without his even asking. Use the W&L and Minnesota COA to leverage.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011