Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Accepted to PT, but wanna go FT?  (Read 464 times)

kaniff

• View Profile
Accepted to PT, but wanna go FT?
« on: April 16, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »
I just got accepted to a 2nd Tier school to a PT program.  I got accepted to other 2nd Tiers FT programs.  The one I got accepted to PT, is the one I want to go to.  However, I didn't even apply to their FT program. 

Just wondering, how possible is it to get them to reconsider me for FT admission?  Is it even worth asking for?  I hope they wouldn't put me into the regular applicant pool and then reject me.  That would suck.

Any input would be great guys.

California_RedRaider

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Accepted to PT, but wanna go FT?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 10:41:55 AM »
Just ask. You have nothing to loose. They're not going to rescind your PT acceptance.

If the full time schools you applied to are higher rankings than present that case to them.

Or worst comes to worst you can go to your PT program and transfer to FT after a year.

Also consider your numbers. If your numbers fit into Full-time range of the school you want, than you should also present that information to them.

Go for it.

kaniff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 11:13:48 AM »
Thanks for the input Red!!   ;D

I think I will call them when I get the official letter.  Or should I email them?  And should I contact the Dean?

The thing is, my stats don't match up within their range for FT.  And I didn't apply to better schools than that one, well to one, but I didn't hear from them yet and won't until a couple weeks later. 

Decisions, decisions.  I thought this would be the easiest part!

kaniff

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 05:52:16 PM »
Anyone else have any ideas?