Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Tier 3 rankings  (Read 2922 times)

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
Tier 3 rankings
« on: April 15, 2008, 11:19:32 PM »
When USNWR came out this year, it had the tier 3 schools ranked.  When I look now, it is done alphabetically.  Does anyone have a link for the ranked version?  Thanks!!

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Tier 3 rankings
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:26 PM »
Damnit Cosmo, I was fully relying on your usually incredible/generous research skills.  Get ready for spitballs in class at Northeastern next year...

plex

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 12:14:56 AM »
I copied this from somewhere, cannot remember the source though.

Second Tier

99.      Hofstra

100. (Tie) Mercer, Stetson, Syracuse, U. Buffalo, U.Louisville

Third Tier

105. (Tie) Creighton, U. Arkansas (Fayetteville), U. Maine

108. (Tie) Michigan State University, Quinnipiac U., U. Mississippi, U. Toledo

112. (Tie) Albany, U. Akron, U.  Montana, U. San Francisco, U. St. Thomas (MN), Vermont

118. (Tie) Drake, Gonzaga, Howard, New York Law School, U. Idaho, U. Missouri-Kansas City, W. Virginia

125. (Tie) Cleveland State, Loyola - New Orleans, Texas Tech., U. Baltimore, U. Wyoming, Wayne State U.

131. (Tie) Chapman, Franklin Pierce, Hamline, Pace, U. Arkansas-Little Rock, Washburn

137.  (Tie) Ohio Northern, Samford (Cumberland), Suffolk, U. South Dakota, Willamette

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 01:14:44 AM »
Thanks so much Plex!

rebelfan286

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2008, 02:17:42 PM »
And btw, I hadn't realized that Suffolk was SO far down in the t3 rankings.  Sheds a little more light on the Northeastern v. Suffolk discussion in my eyes. 

roma3o

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 04:01:25 PM »
Creighton has been moving up quickly.  Anybody think they'll break the top 85 next year?

iamprov

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2008, 02:42:19 PM »
And btw, I hadn't realized that Suffolk was SO far down in the t3 rankings.  Sheds a little more light on the Northeastern v. Suffolk discussion in my eyes. 

FWIW, I believe that Suffolk is a criminally underrated school.  Their grads are all over the area.  I think that problem is just that they have a lot of students and a night program, not to mention that they're in the shadow of three giants (and of course one mega-giant).  From what lawyers in Boston have said to me, they've been more impressed with Suffolk grads as of late than Northeastern.

Remember:  Anything past, like, the top 50, and you're at regional schools.  Visit them and pick the one that works best for you.
Albany Law School Class of 2010

$Bill

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2008, 01:39:26 PM »

FWIW, I believe that Suffolk is a criminally underrated school.  Their grads are all over the area.  I think that problem is just that they have a lot of students and a night program, not to mention that they're in the shadow of three giants (and of course one mega-giant).  From what lawyers in Boston have said to me, they've been more impressed with Suffolk grads as of late than Northeastern.

Remember:  Anything past, like, the top 50, and you're at regional schools.  Visit them and pick the one that works best for you.

That and the fact that they dont travel outside the 495 belt that much :)

WSUAlum1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2008, 01:56:52 PM »
Thx Plex:

Do you have the full list?

WSUAlum1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2008, 01:36:07 AM »
Sorry Plex--that is the full list.  Thanks.  I remember seeing it too, when the rankings were released "prematurely."