Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Waitlisted at UCLA......wait a second.......  (Read 1262 times)

antvenom13

• View Profile
    • Email
Waitlisted at UCLA......wait a second.......
« on: April 15, 2008, 04:54:02 AM »
I've been bugging the admissions office with e-mails (and by bugging i mean 2 e-mails) the past 2 weeks since I realized I never got a receipt of completed application. Well, they finally respond and say they have it (ive had to do this for about 3 schools-- where i send an e-mail, then the day after they day they got it-- wtf is with that, did they just not process it for some reason and found it lying on the floor?!) and that I will receive a decision as soon as possible, at the latest by the end of May. What does this even mean, arent all UCLA decisions basically already sent out right now, did I basically just get myself on the waitlist? Whats going on here, haha.

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlisted at UCLA......wait a second.......
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:03:54 AM »
By applying late you probably have been placed on a defacto waitlist. Meaning that they were all ready at their quota for acceptances and they have to wait "wait" until someone withdraws until they can offer you admission or place you on the official waitlist.

antvenom13

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 02:29:13 PM »
By applying late you probably have been placed on a defacto waitlist. Meaning that they were all ready at their quota for acceptances and they have to wait "wait" until someone withdraws until they can offer you admission or place you on the official waitlist.

Well i didnt send it in late, they just decided to never tell me they had it or send it in for review until i started bugging them, i sent it in January.......

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 02:41:29 PM »
The same thing happened with me at Michigan. This is not to say that I would have otherwise been accepted, but it still upsets me. I got my complete notice on 1/09. I called in mid-March (the 20th?) and was told that it usually takes 6-8 weeks to get a decision. So I said that it had been that long- that I got my complete notice in early January (not in an offensive way, as it sounds as I type this). He told me that it says it went complete in mid February and wasn't sure why it got tagged as it did.  *sigh*
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011