Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Rutgers Newark v. Georgia State  (Read 533 times)

jfields32

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Rutgers Newark v. Georgia State
« on: April 14, 2008, 09:56:43 PM »
Thats what I am down to so far as I wait on decisions from 3 other schools(Rutgers Camden, Hastings, St. Johns). I am also on the Villanova waitlist.

I'm instate at Rutgers and have family in NJ. But Newark is not a desirable place to live. I have never been to GSU but have heard good things about Atlanta. I was wondering how the job prospects are out of GSU compared to Rutgers Newark. What would you choose?

Bulldog86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Rutgers Newark v. Georgia State
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 01:12:10 AM »
Where do you want to be in three years? I imagine both of these schools skew heavily regional, so if you want to work in NY/NJ/maybe PA?, then Rutgers; if you want to work in the South, go to Ga State.

Hate to fall back on this stock answer, and certainly there's something to be said for going to school where you'll be happy... but just understand that whatever employment data you get will be almost completely in these schools' home regions, and if you want to work elsewhere, it will require a lot of leg-work on your part to even get a foot in the door.
UVA Law Class of 2011

SplitFinger

• Sr. Citizen
  • I'm a real pretend lawyer now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2008, 03:52:56 AM »
Look here:  http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf

It appears that your employment chances look pretty much the same at either school.  That being said, it's way cheaper to live in Atlanta than New Jersey.
Emory '09

LSN

Team Awesome

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2008, 09:05:41 AM »
Look here:  http://www.law.com/img/nlj/charts/composite.pdf

It appears that your employment chances look pretty much the same at either school.  That being said, it's way cheaper to live in Atlanta than New Jersey.

True. but you're payin gout of state for 3 years at GSU. Ask Penny.