Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: why such a drastic difference in financial aid packages?  (Read 1634 times)

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
why such a drastic difference in financial aid packages?
« on: April 14, 2008, 08:40:42 PM »
why is it that among the t14, I would be given $90,000 at one school and literally $0 at another?  I'm really perplexed right now.
seeing king midas everywhere.

iceepop

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: why such a drastic difference in financial aid packages?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 08:45:37 PM »
Did you literally get an award letter saying that you got nothing, or might you just not have received it yet?

Resident CLS Troll

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 08:45:47 PM »
why is it that among the t14, I would be given $90,000 at one school and literally $0 at another?  I'm really perplexed right now.

It's because you've bought into a fallacy.  T14 is something that was made up on the internet.  In reality, the 14 schools that supposedly comprise this category are radically different from each other.  CLS and GULC don't have so much more in common with each other than GULC and Vandy or USC, for example.

Having said that, :( at 0 from certain schools.  You're still considering us, right?

-tm.

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 08:50:19 PM »
Did you literally get an award letter saying that you got nothing, or might you just not have received it yet?

well $0 in grants.  I have stafford loans as an option - but isn't that not really an award, just an option for anyone looking for loans?

dubsy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 08:51:52 PM »

It's because you've bought into a fallacy.  T14 is something that was made up on the internet.  In reality, the 14 schools that supposedly comprise this category are radically different from each other.  CLS and GULC don't have so much more in common with each other than GULC and Vandy or USC, for example.

Having said that, :( at 0 from certain schools.  You're still considering us, right?

-tm.

does it makea  difference that this is among the T6, then?

Pop Up Video

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 09:46:42 PM »
Looking at your LSN, are you saying NYU or CLS gave you $90,000 and the other gave you $0?