Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke Wait List 2007-2008 cycle  (Read 1776 times)

Buster

• View Profile
Duke Wait List 2007-2008 cycle
« on: April 14, 2008, 03:21:03 PM »
Does anyone know anything about Duke's wait list?  I was just wondering if they tend to wait list a ton of people making it very unlikely that people get off the wait list or if they have a smaller wait list.  Any information would be greatly appreciated! 

TheMrac

• View Profile
Re: Duke Wait List 2007-2008 cycle
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 12:01:25 PM »
I'm waitlisted at Duke too.  I don't know any real figures, but I get the impression that this year a lot of the waitlists are extremely deep.

I was waitlisted at Columbia, NYU and Cornell too.  Columbia seemed to have waitlisted everyone this year, so I doubt anything will come of it.  The others I don't know.

Where are you planning on going if the waitlists don't come through?

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 09:57:50 AM »
I don't even want to think of what I have to do if (when) the waitlists don't come through.  I applied to quite a few schools and was virtually waitlisted everywhere except for Wisconsin.  Wisconsin is a great school, but I was shooting a little higher and also I'm from CA so if I can't go to a top school, I need to go to a CA school.  My top 2 waitlists are Duke and UCLA (UCLA seems to be another school that is waitlisting everyone) and though my law school friends keep saying "sorry" when I tell them I'm waitlisted, I can't help but hold onto the hope that I'll get off one of the waitlists! I know transferring is also an option, but law school is hell-ish enough without having to deal with moving, transferring, etc etc.  I just want to do law school right! 

I also applied to some MPP programs and got into U Chicago and LSE (both great programs).  I wanted to do a joint degree but always wanted to start with law school first so it scares me to make the decision to not go to law school next year and to instead start a grad degree and reapply.   

So basically, if waitlists don't come through I'm either going to Wisconsin and trying to transfer up or to a CA school, or going to grad school and reapplying.

How about you?  You were waitlisted at some awesome schools!

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:08:29 AM »
Btw...I just saw on another post that you're working @ the DOJ now?  So am I!  I hate how law school is so numbers based because we both have similar numbers and have been waitlisted at some awesome schools and the only reason we're not getting in is because our super low 90th(+) percentile scores.

du-can

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • lsn
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2008, 08:47:36 PM »
I'm waitlisted at Duke.  Based on the quality of other waitlists on LSN, it seems possible that they didn't accept enough people and are going to have to take a lot of people from the waitlist.  But that's just me being hopeful (and expecting some loyalty from the alma mater).

That all said, I urge you all to withdraw from the Duke waitlist so I can get in so you can move on with your lives.

LHL

• V
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 01:49:44 AM »
I'm waitlisted at Duke.  Based on the quality of other waitlists on LSN, it seems possible that they didn't accept enough people and are going to have to take a lot of people from the waitlist.  But that's just me being hopeful (and expecting some loyalty from the alma mater).

That all said, I urge you all to withdraw from the Duke waitlist so I can get in so you can move on with your lives.
[/b]

LOL...I will be withdrawing from their waitlist tomorrow.  I don't see myself going there over Texas given that Texas would be much cheaper.  Good luck to the rest of you.
I hate this limbo!

washdc23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 03:23:01 PM »
I've already paid deposits elsewhere but I'd drop everything for Duke.

Buster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 03:23:42 PM »
I heard there has been movement on the waitlist....and I haven't heard anything.  Do you know if Duke eventually drops people their waitlist when they decide there is no possibility of offering them a spot in the class?  :'(