Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Poll

Is it better to send an LOCI after a waitlist via email or snail mail?

Email
 5 (19.2%)
Snail Mail
 19 (73.1%)
Don't send it, they'll hate you forever!
 2 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Waitlist LOCI: E-mail or snail mail, which is better?  (Read 655 times)

LonghornFan

• View Profile
    • Email
Waitlist LOCI: E-mail or snail mail, which is better?
« on: April 14, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »
Which is better?

Trivium

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Waitlist LOCI: E-mail or snail mail, which is better?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 03:07:12 PM »
Turning it in in perso is the tops obviously, however, I would do both if I was you. When I sent mine I emailed and then mentioned that I was also sending a hard copy along.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 03:14:32 PM »
I don't think email is as informal as people think it is. I sent my LOCI to Michigan a few weeks ago by email, was able to have a conversation with Dean Z, and she printed it off and added it to my file. If schools didn't want correspondence by email, they wouldn't do things by email. So if you haven't received word from the school at all by email (deadlines, decision, merit and need aid, etc), then maybe it's not as great of an idea.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Marc03

• View Profile
    • numbers
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2008, 03:32:26 PM »
e-mail is considerably more convenient and efficient than snail mail and I do not believe that this convenience is lost on admissions departments.  If it is easier for the sender, it is likely easier for the receiver as well.  just my opinion

Fangoria

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 04:23:38 PM »
I don't think email is as informal as people think it is. I sent my LOCI to Michigan a few weeks ago by email, was able to have a conversation with Dean Z, and she printed it off and added it to my file. If schools didn't want correspondence by email, they wouldn't do things by email. So if you haven't received word from the school at all by email (deadlines, decision, merit and need aid, etc), then maybe it's not as great of an idea.

When you say "conversation," do you mean the two of you exchanged emails? Or did you call in addition to sending your letter?
Done and Done, I think

Max Fischer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2008, 06:18:28 PM »
Snail.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2008, 06:20:47 PM »

When you say "conversation," do you mean the two of you exchanged emails? Or did you call in addition to sending your letter?

Exchanged a few emails. Nothing personal, she just made a small mistake that I questioned. I hope it was enough to make her remember me when she's evaluating how to fill the class!
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011