1. Go to class every day. Period. You don't need to brief cases, just know facts, issue, reasoning-highlight and color code the case with quick notes in the margin to refer to.
2. Keep up on the reading assignments and use supplements to assist. The worst thing to do is not prepare and be called on...there is one guy in my class who has been nailed for this in two different classes and both times admitted he hadn't read the material. Professors take that as an insult.
3. Don't be the guy/gal who has to comment 3 times every class--it is annoying and you will lose respect with your classmates.
4. Don't wait too long to begin your outlines. Those who say you can wait until November are feeding you a line. End of September is a good time to get started.
5. Keep a positive mental attitude. There will be days when you doubt your decision and capabilities. They will be cancelled out by the days that you "get it." Remember, you wouldn't be here if they didn't think you could do this.
6. Whatever you do, don't fall behind. You will be scrambling to catch up which will drive up the anxiety/fear factor.