Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Prep Courses  (Read 2308 times)

Guy Patterson

• View Profile
Re: Prep Courses
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 02:25:16 PM »
Was the full Kaplan test real or fake?  Usually they administer a fake test for their marketing events or free test drives.

I ask because I have spoken with two people this week that scored much higher on the fake Kaplan LSAT than on a real administered practice test.  One person got a 160 on the Kaplan test, took a real practice LSAT a week later and scored a 151.  The other person had a similar experience.  She took a Kaplan fake test, scored a 163, then followed up shortly with a real practice LSAT and only scored a 153.  These are drastic discrepancies.  Make sure to take a real practice LSAT soon (under proctored conditions if possible) to get an accurate gauge of your score.

I'm not sure; I've also heard they were fake. However, I my score on my actual test was right where my Kaplan practice tests were.

Bernie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Prep Courses
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2008, 12:21:59 PM »
Was the full Kaplan test real or fake?  Usually they administer a fake test for their marketing events or free test drives.

I ask because I have spoken with two people this week that scored much higher on the fake Kaplan LSAT than on a real administered practice test.  One person got a 160 on the Kaplan test, took a real practice LSAT a week later and scored a 151.  The other person had a similar experience.  She took a Kaplan fake test, scored a 163, then followed up shortly with a real practice LSAT and only scored a 153.  These are drastic discrepancies.  Make sure to take a real practice LSAT soon (under proctored conditions if possible) to get an accurate gauge of your score.

I'm not sure; I've also heard they were fake. However, I my score on my actual test was right where my Kaplan practice tests were.

Ok, the tests you take in CLASS are probably not fake, and therefore accurate.  However, the test they give for MARKETING purposes tends to score you up 6-10 points.  PLEASE SPREAD THIS INFO!  People are thinking that they start with scores that are far higher than they really are.

I think KAPLAN should be ashamed for giving out a fake test for marketing purposes.  They're a big company and can afford the expense to give a real test if they want to attract customers.  Giving some fake test that was thrown together by a random guy in a back room and doesn't come CLOSE to the real thing is something you'd expect from a hack test prep company. 

BAD BAD BAD Kaplan.  Shame on you!!!