Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Hold at Louisville, Need Help  (Read 242 times)

scslon2

• View Profile
    • Email
Hold at Louisville, Need Help
« on: April 13, 2008, 07:34:38 PM »
Today I found out I am on hold at Louisville, however, the letter mentioned nothing about sending additional material.  Since applying to the school I have received FALL 07 grades (15 hours 4.0 GPA) which could be crucial with such a low LSAT (150) .  Currently my LSAC adjusted GPA is 3.71; awww so stressful trying to slide in as a white male LOL.

What should I do? I would LOVE to attend U of L.

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Hold at Louisville, Need Help
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 07:48:56 PM »
Today I found out I am on hold at Louisville, however, the letter mentioned nothing about sending additional material.  Since applying to the school I have received FALL 07 grades (15 hours 4.0 GPA) which could be crucial with such a low LSAT (150) .  Currently my LSAC adjusted GPA is 3.71; awww so stressful trying to slide in as a white male LOL.

What should I do? I would LOVE to attend U of L.

I'm not sure if additional grades would help, but it certainly can't hurt.  I'd call Jack and ask if additional material like fall grades and a letter of continued interest are appropriate.  He's very accessible and at least claims to be an advocate for potential students.  (Committee makes the decisions, not him... apparently.)
160 / ~3

scslon2

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 07:59:05 PM »
Difinity, thanks so much for your reply.  That was my plan to tomorrow, to give Jack a ring.. Are you attending U of L?  I know with my numbers I am a long shot, but at least I wasn't rejected after the first review.  How many applicants do they usually put on hold?  A large amount to be narrowed after the waitlist?!?!

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 08:04:12 PM »
Difinity, thanks so much for your reply.  That was my plan to tomorrow, to give Jack a ring.. Are you attending U of L?  I know with my numbers I am a long shot, but at least I wasn't rejected after the first review.  How many applicants do they usually put on hold?  A large amount to be narrowed after the waitlist?!?!

No problem.  I was a UL undergrad and am currently a grad student, but I'm a little hesitant to become a triple graduate of the school.  I love Louisville and UL; I just think a chance of scenery would be good for me. :-)
160 / ~3