Law School Discussion

Anyone have any ironic admission results...

Re: Anyone have any ironic admission results...
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2008, 06:33:31 AM »
In at WUSTL with a little money, waitlisted at Emory and UH?????

90k from Tulane, 0 from Mercer????

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2008, 06:52:20 AM »
e.g. In W & L Out at FSU; In at Columbia Out at Cornell; In at Vandy Out at GW

I don't know if this qualifies as ironic, but I got accepted at Temple with a full ride and waitlisted at Villanova.   ???

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2008, 09:29:56 AM »
These certainly seem like bizarre and contradictory results, but they're more Alanis Morissette ironic than actually ironic.

Right.  "Ironic" isn't getting into a school you shouldn't have and getting rejected from a school you should have gotten into.

"Ironic" would be working hard through the whole admissions process to get into the school of your dreams, finally getting a letter that you got in, and then walking outside and getting mauled to death by a tiger that escaped from the local zoo.

Actually, that might not be ironic either, just funny.

This just made my day.... hahahhahahahahahahahaha

« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2008, 10:57:50 PM »
In at GULC ($$$), GW ($$), Fordham ($$), USC ($$), BC ($$$$), and Vandy.  Waitlisted at UIUC as an URM?!?!?!?!  Also priority WL at UVa.  That UIUC decision really confuses me.

GunnerDore

« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2008, 11:17:39 PM »
The only "ironic" thing about my cycle has actually been scholarship amounts, I guess. Going into the cycle, I expected that for any candidate with given numbers, the percentage of tuition covered by scholarship would have a strong linear correlation with ranking. The data from my cycle would suggest a quadratic relationship, however.