Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seton Hall vs. Stetson, Help!  (Read 461 times)

StuckbtwTwo

• View Profile
Seton Hall vs. Stetson, Help!
« on: April 10, 2008, 11:28:54 AM »
I have finally narrowed my decision down to Seton Hall and Stetson. Now I know Seton Hall is ranked much higher than Stetson but I am finding it hard justifying not going to Florida. I am from New Jersey and I will practice in NJ, but I really liked Stetson and it has stuck with me until the end. Itís like going to school in Paradise. After scholarships their prices are about the same. Right now I am leaning towards SHU because my family, boyfriend and friends are all in the area and it is a better school. Please add to my pros and cons list about these two schools so I can decide once and for all!

vjm

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seton Hall vs. Stetson, Help!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:34:55 AM »
I think you really have to consider where you want to practice. If you are fine with being in Tampa/ St. Pete after graduation (and possibly forever) than Stetson is a great choice. If not, Seton Hall.

And, yes, it is possible to move a few years after graduation when you have a work record, but that largely depends on your contacts. I wouldn't choose a school (aside from the biggies of course) and depend on getting out of their regional market.

I hear you on Stetson's campus. Gorgeous.

bruinbro

• Sr. Citizen
  • B-Blitz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »
I have finally narrowed my decision down to Seton Hall and Stetson. Now I know Seton Hall is ranked much higher than Stetson but I am finding it hard justifying not going to Florida. I am from New Jersey and I will practice in NJ, but I really liked Stetson and it has stuck with me until the end. Itís like going to school in Paradise. After scholarships their prices are about the same. Right now I am leaning towards SHU because my family, boyfriend and friends are all in the area and it is a better school. Please add to my pros and cons list about these two schools so I can decide once and for all!

You are from NJ. You will practice will in NJ.

Go to Seton Hall and visit South Florida on your breaks.
In: Case Western ($$), IU-B ($$), USD ($$), Pitt ($$), Iowa, Wisconsin , George Mason ($), Loyola-LA ($$), UC-Davis, UIUC ($), American, Tulane ($$),GW
Out: Notre Dame,BC,WUSTL,Cornell,W&L

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 03:13:52 PM »

You are from NJ. You will practice will in NJ.

Go to Seton Hall and visit South Florida on your breaks.

Agreed ... don't forget about moving expenses.  And when are you going to have time to enjoy Paradise anyway?
160 / ~3

Sergio

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2008, 12:25:36 PM »
Newark is beautiful in the winter.

DontQuestionMe

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2008, 02:54:27 PM »
If you plan on practicing in New Jersey, go to Seton Hall. This should not even be a question in light of similar cost. It is fun to get out in the world and try new things, but you aren't talking about a semester abroad in undergrad.

P.S. Tell your boyfriend you stayed because of him. Then guilt trip him throughout your relationship.