Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: I have a really, really rare PS. Can anyone already accepted check it out?  (Read 3970 times)

Guy Patterson

• View Profile
Send it to me too please! I love reading personal statements.

convicted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I just wanted to thank everyone for reading it and giving me their feedback. So far the responses have been almost entirely positive, which is an enormous relief. After I finished writing this first draft the other day, I had an impending sense of dread. Oh my God, I just wrote a personal essay for law school about some of the most potentially anathema subjects I could find. What the hell was I thinking? So, the advice here has really given me confidence. I hope the admission committees who will be reading this will think similarly.

Rhymnoceros

• Sr. Citizen
  • "I'm the mother flippin'"
    • View Profile
    • LSN
Now I'm even more curious, could you send it to me too?

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
You did me right. I just haven't had a chance to respond yet.

That's what she said.

Hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stop saying that.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Rhymnoceros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
You did me right. I just haven't had a chance to respond yet.

That's what she said.

Hahaha. I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't stop saying that.

Yeah its a real problem. I should probably learn to be a mature adult at some point.

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Just clicked on your LSN...

4/10/08 - Surprise call from UCLA telling me I've been accepted! (i thought the 310 area code was my sister, good thing i didn't pick up saying yo female dog.) Quite late in the cycle, but the adcomm apologized and explained about the huge jump in applicants. 23% more than last year!

Wow. I just about fell out of my seat. I wish you'd said it...
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

Ulfrekr

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
I would love to read it, if you're still sending it out.
Michigan 2011 baby!

LSN

PollyMaggoo

• View Profile

4/10/08 - Surprise call from UCLA telling me I've been accepted! (i thought the 310 area code was my sister, good thing i didn't pick up saying yo female dog.) Quite late in the cycle, but the adcomm apologized and explained about the huge jump in applicants. 23% more than last year!

LOL! That has been my greatest fear since learning that law schools make phone calls.

Rhymnoceros

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN

LOL! That has been my greatest fear since learning that law schools make phone calls.

Yeah I had been on my best behavior since January but I wasn't expecting it at this point. I'm lucky that I contained myself.

convicted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
So, listening to people's advice, I've re-written my PS. It's still taking the same basic approach, and using the same themes, but is really changed. Anybody who read it the first time willing to look again? Or, anybody want to read it for the first time and give my advice? Thanks.