Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: SLU Class of 2011  (Read 13034 times)

RageLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: SLU Class of 2011
« Reply #140 on: May 08, 2008, 01:09:26 AM »
Hell yes we got hats. I'm much more of a hat guy when my hair is shorter, which it likely will be once I start my LS budget.

I hope I'm in your group Skeeball.  :)

What's the "Optional Orientation" on 8/11 (as opposed to the "Mandatory Orientation" on 8/13)?

Doesn't "LS budget" = longer hair?

Hi, I'm SLU class of '11, also. 

Lobstah!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
    • If I only had a brain...
« Reply #141 on: May 08, 2008, 09:58:51 AM »
LS budget means I find a guy in the class who can give me a halfway decent buzz every couple of weeks. Just like UG.

And welcome. Looking forward to meeting everyone. I'll actually be in town next week for a few days to see Radiohead and hopefully check out a few apartments.
Don't think changing your avatar will make you safe.  I'll eat baby lobsters.  I'm not above that.

Kingdom of Lizards

Shellby117

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 08, 2008, 10:17:35 AM »
Do you have to send in your final deposit before getting all this stuff?

nope, I haven't sent in my final deposit yet and I got the hat along with a too long of a list of suggested books to read
"No one lays on his deathbed wishing he had spent more time at the office"

Lobstah!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
    • If I only had a brain...
« Reply #143 on: May 08, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »

nope, I haven't sent in my final deposit yet and I got the hat along with a too long of a list of suggested books to read

I don't know that I'll be reading any of those- maybe one or two. But I think it's just a list for people who are taking the summer off and want something to do.
Don't think changing your avatar will make you safe.  I'll eat baby lobsters.  I'm not above that.

Kingdom of Lizards

RageLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 08, 2008, 02:56:08 PM »
Radiohead will be a great show.  This will be my 4th time seeing them, with Lollapalooza being my 5th. 

jammer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: May 08, 2008, 05:14:02 PM »

What, you didn't get the free iPod with the SLU Billiken plastered on the front? Or the laptop bag with "SLU Law" embroidered on the side?

jlube85

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: May 08, 2008, 07:10:03 PM »
When does orientation start?  I thought it began August 14th?

I didn't get any of that stuff Jammer and I don't know what I should do.  It's not fair haha.  Those gifts would be pretty sweet though.

jammer

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: May 08, 2008, 08:02:33 PM »
When does orientation start?  I thought it began August 14th?

I didn't get any of that stuff Jammer and I don't know what I should do.  It's not fair haha.  Those gifts would be pretty sweet though.

You didn't get that packet with the reading materials and important dates before Orientation yet? Because that's what the hat came with.

Maybe it's in the mail. I don't know what it is, but the mail from SLU seems to take a while to get to me, and I live ten minutes away. Even the pony express would have been faster than some of the mail I get from them. It seems like their letters are dated two weeks before I receive them in the mail, asking me to do something that's only a couple days away. And if I recall correctly, correspondence during the undergrad application process seemed to have that same turnaround...

jlube85

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: May 08, 2008, 09:21:50 PM »
Yea, I have not gotten anything as of yet, but I am sure it is on its way.  I am actually currently in St. Louis.  I just paid a security deposit on an apartment in CWE, which I am really happy about. 

jlube85

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2008, 02:54:23 PM »
Does anyone know of any good used furniture places on St. Louis?