Law School Discussion

SLU Class of 2011

skeeball

• View Profile
Re: SLU Class of 2011
« Reply #40 on: April 14, 2008, 02:45:33 PM »
You don't like my user name?  My last name is Lubeck haha.  I think I would rather live alone than  meet someone randomly on a discussion forum.  A lot of the users on this group seem to have a place already or already have roomates.  Is SLU going to start up some sort of discussion board or something of individuals attending next fall?

You should go look on the website, they might have something like this. Or call the admissions department, they'll try to help you out if they can.

« Reply #41 on: April 14, 2008, 02:48:09 PM »
I thought I received something from the school about an admitted student's website.  I may have that mixed up with another school, though. 

« Reply #42 on: April 14, 2008, 02:53:02 PM »
There is an admitted students page on the website but I don't remember anything about contacting class of 2011 students.

Lobstah!

• Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 14, 2008, 03:12:29 PM »
I understand that.  It's just that I don't know anyone yet and I don't think I can trully meet anyone before I would sign a lease.  That is my main problem.  If I were able to meet someone in the near future I would be all for living with a roomate.

I'll be in town a month from now to see Radiohead and check out some places. I'm sure you could meet some people at some point. A lot will be coming from St. Louis or surrounding areas anyway.

« Reply #44 on: April 14, 2008, 03:17:06 PM »
I remember reading somewhere that they will post the 2011 discussion board soon. Don't remember where I read that...perhaps in the admissions materials.

jammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: April 14, 2008, 03:29:15 PM »
There is an admitted students page on the website but I don't remember anything about contacting class of 2011 students.

Can someone send me a link to this? I tried finding it on the SLU site, but with no luck. Or are you guys just talking about mySLU?

« Reply #46 on: April 14, 2008, 03:44:08 PM »
http://law.slu.edu/admissions/admitted

I am gonna call the school tomorrow and see about the discussion board.  I can only come to St. Louis in early May, so I would have to meet someone by then.  I don't really like my chances.

jammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: April 14, 2008, 04:35:01 PM »
http://law.slu.edu/admissions/admitted

I am gonna call the school tomorrow and see about the discussion board.  I can only come to St. Louis in early May, so I would have to meet someone by then.  I don't really like my chances.

Thanks for the link!

It's all a matter of personal preference really when it comes to having a roommate...but I would prefer to live alone for law school. I'll be living at home, which is virtually the same thing, but I turned down a roommate offer from a friend of mine who's still at SLU undergrad. It would've been fun...but therein lies the problem. I probably wouldn't have done any work. So, unless you really want a roommate, it might actually be better. I don't know...just my two cents.

« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2008, 04:46:46 PM »
That all makes sense.  I am not worried about living alone.  Once I actually meet people I can just go to their apartment's or they could come to mine.  All that I am going to do in my apartment is sleep, eat, study and watch TV.

« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2008, 05:31:50 PM »
For you guys who are from St. Louis...can you tell me anything about the area just south of 64 and the large park? I'm looking at a place right across the interstate from the park.