Law School Discussion

SLU Class of 2011

Re: SLU Class of 2011
« Reply #160 on: May 16, 2008, 08:20:46 PM »
Is the Mac version also called one note?

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 17, 2008, 12:53:42 PM »

No, it's not. It's not the same program at all. Microsoft hasn't made a Mac version yet (although I do kind of wonder if they will soon if what they say in the new Mac commercial is true–that Macs are getting so popular on college campuses...). The Mac version of Word has a lot of the features offered in the One Note program (Or so I've heard, I've never used One Note and I don't have a recent version of Word).

jammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: May 18, 2008, 10:49:44 AM »

No, it's not. It's not the same program at all. Microsoft hasn't made a Mac version yet (although I do kind of wonder if they will soon if what they say in the new Mac commercial is true–that Macs are getting so popular on college campuses...). The Mac version of Word has a lot of the features offered in the One Note program (Or so I've heard, I've never used One Note and I don't have a recent version of Word).

What's all this about note-taking programs? I was just going to type in Word and/or write in a notepad and then type an outline that evening after class.

« Reply #163 on: May 18, 2008, 06:52:40 PM »

What's all this about note-taking programs? I was just going to type in Word and/or write in a notepad and then type an outline that evening after class.

I have just heard good things about one note from friends, so I was just curious about if there was a mac equivalent. 

jammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #164 on: May 18, 2008, 08:04:06 PM »

I have just heard good things about one note from friends, so I was just curious about if there was a mac equivalent. 

You guys had me worried that my Microsoft Word method was about as obsolete as a VCR.

I have a mac, too, and a lot of these posters are right. The Microsoft Word for Mac is pretty functional. I don't know if you know this little trick, but if you want Word for Mac to act like this fabled One Note program, try this...When you open Word and that window pops up asking what project you want (can also be found under File, then project gallery), go to Word notebook. Play around with it, and it's pretty intuitive. If you hit tab after hitting enter it gives you a subhead and everything. It sounds like it does a lot of the things one note does. Someone showed it to me during a 19th century philosophy class taught by a Jesuit more confusing than Hegel, and it was wonderful. I wished I would have known Word did this 4 years ago.

It sounds like One Note is already integrated into Mac's Word. I had never even heard of one note until you guys started talking about it.