Law School Discussion

SLU Class of 2011

SLU Class of 2011
« on: April 09, 2008, 12:33:58 PM »
Anyone else decide on attending SLU?  If you are, you are sweet.

skeeball

• View Profile
Re: SLU Class of 2011
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 02:31:08 PM »
Hi. I already go there, but I'm dual degree so I'll be graduating with you.

Nice to meet you.  :)

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 02:32:49 PM »
Looks like I'll be at SLU as well. What dual degree program are you doing, skeeball?

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 04:21:04 PM »
Skeebal,

When did you declare your dual degree?  Are you both from the St. Louis area or from out of town?

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2008, 04:22:13 PM »
And nice to meet you too Skeebal.  Any information you can give me on St. Louis that I may not have heard at the admitted students weekend or from this board?

skeeball

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2008, 05:56:27 PM »
I'm JD/MHA. I filled out the application over break, and filed it the week before classes start. Big warning: if you're considering a degree with the SPH, they are a PAIN to deal with. They took so long to give me an answer on everything, I had to call/email to remind them.

I'm from St. Louis. I live in the suburbs b/c my boyfriend bought a house down here before we met.

They're rebuilding Highway 40, and the eastern half will be closed starting January, which will make getting around a lot tougher for much of the SLU community. Keep that in mind when you're deciding where to  live.

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2008, 08:27:36 PM »
I'm actually from Memphis. I'm looking at apartments right now right around SLU, so hopefully I won't have to drive that far, if at all.

Anyway, I'm in the middle of talks with people about doing a JD/MA in Philosophy (that's not bioethics).

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2008, 09:05:32 PM »
I am definitely going to live either in midtown St. Louis in one of the buildings across from the law school or in Central West End.  I am not going to have a car and want to be within walking distance of the school.  What areas are you looking at?

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2008, 08:22:15 AM »
I'm looking around Central West End...mostly between the park that is to the west of the school and the the campus. I've been just using internet sources for now. I won't have a chance to actually visit the school and the area to find a place to live until after graduation in a few weeks. But I plan on moving end of May/early June, which means I also need to find a job.

Anyone else going to be in STL for the summer?

Lobstah!

• Lobster is murder.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2008, 08:26:12 AM »
I'm looking around Central West End...mostly between the park that is to the west of the school and the the campus. I've been just using internet sources for now. I won't have a chance to actually visit the school and the area to find a place to live until after graduation in a few weeks. But I plan on moving end of May/early June, which means I also need to find a job.

Anyone else going to be in STL for the summer?

I'll be working up until the end of July and moving a few weeks before orientation. A friend of mine is a 1L now and we are looking in the Central West End as well. Hwy 40 being closed poses a problem if you want to live farther out, but there are plenty of places to live around school.