Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Is it odd for a school (NYLS) to not compile scholarship retention rates? *MOVED  (Read 5567 times)

imagurl

• View Profile
If Rutgers had offered me in-state, I'd have taken it in a heartbeat. 

By the way, I'm pretty sure if you call and ask them about getting a lease in Jersey before school starts they will give you in-state.

Ashlee

• View Profile
They don't tell you the retention rates b/c most people don't retain them.  You do realize that its a B- curve at NYLS?  50% have to get above and 50% have to get below.  If you're anywhere in the middle of the class, you're screwed b/c you can get dropped up to 2 letter grades.  And don't think you'll be immune b/c just ONE class will mess up your gpa.  I graduated in 2007 and I only know ONE person who was able to keep their scholarship.

epicac

• press play
    • View Profile
    • Email
They don't tell you the retention rates b/c most people don't retain them.  You do realize that its a B- curve at NYLS?  50% have to get above and 50% have to get below.  If you're anywhere in the middle of the class, you're screwed b/c you can get dropped up to 2 letter grades.  And don't think you'll be immune b/c just ONE class will mess up your gpa.  I graduated in 2007 and I only know ONE person who was able to keep their scholarship.

Well.. so far, so good.  There have been rumblings that they put all scholarship winners in the same section.  I tried to ignore the hype and just work harder than ever before.  And it paid off, thanks to a little luck   :)  Hopefully I can do just as well this semester and be one of the fortunate few that retain it.
riding a gravy train with biscuit wheels...