Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Anybody go to a state school and now go to a top law school?  (Read 616 times)

vtjas81

• View Profile
    • Email
Anybody go to a state school and now go to a top law school?
« on: April 07, 2008, 08:54:09 PM »
I just checked out BU law's class of 2010 and a little over half the student come from Ivy league and other Top 25 undergrads.  Anybody feeling the pressure of the step up in competition? I feel it a little but that's because I went to an Ivy league school for graduate school and experienced the competition.  But if I didn't I'd be a lot more nervous. 
Gpa: 3.44
Lsat: 165
applied: BC,BU,USC,UCLA,W&M,Fordham,Emory,GW, Hastings, Davis

rtqw

• Sr. Citizen
  • Jim Tressel drinks wine coolers
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Anybody go to a state school and now go to a top law school?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 09:13:25 PM »
Yup. There's no real reason to feel nervous (well, any more nervous than any other law student). Yes, the student body will be stronger than it was in college, but if you weren't equipped to handle it, they wouldn't have admitted you.
University of Michigan Law School, Class of 2010
LSN

Tetris

• Sr. Citizen
  • Michigan Rocks
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 09:30:18 PM »
Nah, I dids goods on the's LSAT so I doesn't thinks me goings ta a state's kool aint gonna be two ruff on me.
_______
.|E|R|S.

Quail!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:43:00 PM »
Uh yea...

Your GPA matters way more than the name of your school.

ccllnd

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:17:19 PM »
honestly, it's not the competition that makes me nervous, it's being surrounded by a bunch of elitist rich kids who elongate the sounds at the end of their words and say "like" at least twice a sentence. "like, that test was soooo like totallll bull".  "i like can't like can't belieeeeve she did that...."  i live right next to a top ivy now and the prospect of spending three years with some of those kids makes me want to vomit.

DISCLAIMER: i realize this is prejudicial and completely unfair to most of the students from these schools and is reverse snobbery at its finest