Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Louisville F/T or Seton Hall P/T  (Read 279 times)

mel0515

• View Profile
    • Email
Louisville F/T or Seton Hall P/T
« on: April 07, 2008, 02:19:06 PM »
I got accepted to Louisville F/T. Any thoughts on their program. My other choice is Seton Hall P/T?

Any advice would be appreciated!

AmyWaxFanClubPresident

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Louisville F/T or Seton Hall P/T
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 05:32:01 PM »
One is in KY and one is in NJ.  Something tells me you haven't thought this through, so where do you want to practice?
"This semester I will plunge you into the slough of despair, and when you are at your most desolate and are ready to give up, I will give you some light" - Professor Amy Wax

mel0515

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
Actually, I have thought about it a lot. If you read the question correctly, I was asking for advice about Louisville's program. If you don't have any helpful advice, please don't post. Thank you kindly.

logflume

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2008, 10:14:47 PM »
Ha - seems we have a lot in common!  I too was accepted to U of L and to SHU PT.  When I got into the PT program at SHU, the acceptance letter gave me the option of staying on the waitlist for the FT day progam - which I have chosen to do. But the thought of going to school at night is not appealing to me (nor my GF), so I told them no thanks on the PT program. 

For now,  I've sent in a deposit to Lousiville - had a great visit there, was a MUCH nicer town than I expected, students and profs were very, very friendly.  Surprisingly liberal too. In addition to SHY, I am trying to get off of a few different waiting lists, so I don't know that I'll end up going there.  Ugh, the uncertainty of it all sucks.

Anyhow. . .good luck with the decision.  If you are interested in health law, you can'tgo wrong with either school apparently.  And don't let people freak you on the whole job thing.  It just means you'll have to work a lot harder to get a job back in the tri-state area when you're through (or vice versa) - it's not impossible though.  And even with OOS tuition Louisville is around $13k cheaper per year than SHU.  And the cost of living there is MUCH lower.  Anyhow, PM me if you wanted to chat further.